Trailers at Customers yard (O licence)

Gent’s (and ladies)
I’m having a mad half hour here and I think I know the answer but just confirm please.
If trailers are parked at a customers yard for pre loading that yard doesn’t need an O licence as we’re not operating units from there.

I’m 99% convinced I don’t need it but it never harms to ask

Also I apply have multiple yards for units as long as I meet the O licence requirements at each yard.

Yup.

You can leave trailers for pre loading without needing an O licence, and each yard where the units/trailers are parked up for the weekend, or whatever, need an O licence and the criteria met.

Ken.

+1 on that

Sent while from gods know where

Quinny:
Yup.

You can leave trailers for pre loading without needing an O licence, and each yard where the units/trailers are parked up for the weekend, or whatever, need an O licence and the criteria met.

Ken.

What about if it’s a single trailer that sits there for 24 hours that is filled by another vehicle and then each day replaced with an empty and the full one taken away ?

Mick Bracewell:

Quinny:
Yup.

Ken.

What about if it’s a single trailer that sits there for 24 hours that is filled by another vehicle and then each day replaced with an empty and the full one taken away ?

Same rule applies.

If your trailers are on a constant rotation with the customer, then no problem.

Ken.

I am not sure that the answers given here are correct.

I am assuming the trailers are fitted with DFT plates (VTG6) and are therefore in scope of Operator Licencing. To the best of my knowledge there are no exemptions within O licencing for trailers. Exemption examples would be Road Rollers or vehicles only going for testing.

Given the trailers are “normally” kept on this customers site working on the basis that there is a rotation system in place, I personally think you need to add the customers premises as an operating center for at least one trailer. Additionally i would be tempted to add a goods vehicle. Assuming your current center has two trailers listed you may want to consider reducing that by one.