YE18 JVN - Operator?

Hi Guys,

I am trying to find out who owns YE18 JVN (DAF Truck)

Unfortunately we suspect one of our drivers has been working a second job and this vehicle has appeared on his driver card records.

I know it’s a long shot but if anyone can help that would be much appreciated

It may be possible to contact the DVLA to get the information required , for a small fee , this seems a valid reason .

LGroves84:
Hi Guys,

I am trying to find out who owns YE18 JVN (DAF Truck)

Unfortunately we suspect one of our drivers has been working a second job and this vehicle has appeared on his driver card records.

I know it’s a long shot but if anyone can help that would be much appreciated

Wouldn’t the easy option be to ask him straight out ?

Do you really need to know the other operator, surely the need is to understand that the driver putting in a lot of hours and how that affects your business, and that will come clear when we ask the driver. Its not as if they are hiding it because its in their card

I thought these boards had a rule against posting reg numbers?

A few questions; does it state in your drivers contract that he/she can only work exclusively for you? Did any entries pertaining to this vehicle have a detrimental effect on your business? I’m thinking WTD, drivers hours etc. Finally, does this vehicle appear numerous times or was it a one off? If it was a one off then I’d take a guess that it may well have been an assessment drive for another company.

YE18JVO is also a Daf (18T rigid) one of Safeway’s. I daresay there’s a good chance JVN is on the same fleet.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Zac_A:
I thought these boards had a rule against posting reg numbers?

Hi Zac,

The part of the forum rules I think you might mean is this…

the forum rules:
… the posting of individual registration numbers for the purpose of identifying or naming and shaming the driver of any given vehicle is banned from these Forums.

Clearly, the driver’s name/identity is already known to the OP, and so there’s no element of “naming and shaming.”

The OP’s request was for assistance in discovering the owner of said registration/vehicle.

Roymondo:
YE18JVO is also a Daf (18T rigid) one of Safeway’s. I daresay there’s a good chance JVN is on the same fleet.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Maybe, the OP should consider giving his driver a pay rise? [emoji3]

If one of your driver’s is doing a second job, THEN PAY HIM MORE, Because then he wouldn’t need to supplement the crap wages you pay him.

There’s an odd aroma around this. Just three years ago the OP was in the process of getting his Class 2 licence/training done and posting about this in the new/wanabee drivers forum as he was “in a dead end job” and wanting to move into lorry driving. Now he’s posting here about “one of our drivers” being suspected of doing a second job as if he is some sort of owner/operator…?

^^^^ in that case I’d hazard a guess as not so much fleet owner but more likely office snitch attempting to earn brownie points because of an overheard conversation.

the maoster:
^^^^ in that case I’d hazard a guess as not so much fleet owner but more likely office snitch attempting to earn brownie points because of an overheard conversation.

Absofeckinlutely.

the maoster:

Sounds accurate. Wanting to become one of the blue eyed boys, although not realising snitches never get the respect they crave, because they are always known as a snitch.

Unless the fella is racking up loads of infringements or running out of time when ‘on the clock’ for you, it’s a non issue imho. Plenty work more than one job, pay two lots of tax all above board. Gross misconduct at a large logistics outfit my friend works for :unamused: