Book Keeping/Accounts

Hi guys,

Doing some research to decide if it’s worth putting my own unit on the road, I’m not exactly an excel whizz or an academic so I’m considering using QuickBooks to make things easier.

The question/s

Is Quickbooks good for this line of work and is it worth the subscription fee. If it’s ■■■■■ what do you guys use instead?

Thank you,

I’ve used Sage for years, but it went up in price horrendously over the last few years, so much so they have priced themselves out of work in my opinion.
I’ve moved onto Xero, partly because my accountant recommended it. It’s very easy to use, much easier than sage where you need to have a good knowledge of book keeping to use.
Plus as it’s all cloud based you can use it where ever you are. There are phone and iPad apps plus the full website works well on a tablet as well. It’s a third the price of sage.

I’ve never used quick books so can’t comment on that, my accountant said it was too basic for my needs when I was looking at moving.

Most accountants seem to recommend Xero.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We use adminsoft. It’s free if you can put up with some advertising or you can buy it. Every bit as good as quickbooks in my opinion and It’s “old style” in that program is on your computer, as is all data, not in the cloud. You buy the program, no recurring fees, updates are free. Very good user forum for problems. My accountant recommends xero but is happy working with adminsoft. It’s approved for making tax digital so does your VAT returns etc. I think there is a PAYE part but we don’t do that, the accountant does.