Owner mixer driver worth it?

I’m considering going franchise haulier driver. Ideally with a concrete mixer truck. I’ve driving mixers for a few years now and I am curious as to the sort of monies I’d be looking at earning and details about the expenses that come with it. I am based in Hampshire so I don’t know if that is a good or bad area to get work?

Can anybody tell me what it’s really like and how hard it is to break even etc the more you can tell me the better :slight_smile:

Many thanks

Thesuperiorone:
I’m considering going franchise haulier driver. Ideally with a concrete mixer truck. I’ve driving mixers for a few years now and I am curious as to the sort of monies I’d be looking at earning and details about the expenses that come with it. I am based in Hampshire so I don’t know if that is a good or bad area to get work?

Can anybody tell me what it’s really like and how hard it is to break even etc the more you can tell me the better :slight_smile:

Many thanks

Surely you are mixing with the ODs / Subbies where you are based ?

How come you haven’t been in their ear, or watching their movements ect., you are amongst the guys you want to be, along with the batching plant management, these guys have the knowledge and advice [or not if they are on a good number]….thats where you need to be on this particular niche business questions wise.

Nah no O/D’s where I work to talk to. So I have very little info on the whole thing

Any news mate? From what I gather it veris a hell of a lot from plant to plant? I’ve heard something about quarry companies paying a “minimum earnings” as well don’t know any more than that though .

Rattray