What's the best Owner Driver industry?

Thought I’d do a bit of fishing around. Have a concrete mixer truck but looking to get out and move on to something else. Have thought about agricultural haulage, but not sure about the market. I’m looking at anything with a decent future but need some pointers.
any feedback would help.

Cheers

To be fair I would say its all fairly crap at the moment. Don’t believe all that you hear because yes there is still a living to be made but the margins are very very tight. I’m on bulk tipping work and now is not the best time to get on that as a lot of farms are getting towards empty ready for cleaning out the sheds for the next harvest. There is the carrot harvest in swing at the moment but the farmers usually have their own haulage ■■■■■■■. Good luck with finding “better” work!

Probably the one where your not an owner driver or even a driver tbh

gogzy:

this ^^^^^^^^^^

spudgun67:
Thought I’d do a bit of fishing around. Have a concrete mixer truck but looking to get out and move on to something else. Have thought about agricultural haulage, but not sure about the market. I’m looking at anything with a decent future but need some pointers.
any feedback would help.

Cheers

Hello Spudgun67,
Which company are you a Contract Haulier for with the mixer? and where?

Licenced London Taxi Driver.

Just a thought, but why would anyone who’s actually got decent work making good money stick their head above the parapet and say “yes do this, I’m making a fortune at it!”

We’d all have a pop at it.

Wouldn’t we?

gogzy:

you mean if u had daf or avolvo in your garden.

mixer driver too:

spudgun67:
any feedback would help.

Cheers

Hello Spudgun67,

Hellow mixer driver too
Working for Cemex in Chichester at mo, but travelling all over the place for work. How about you?

Prostitution id of thought,

Cheap rubber
no operators licence
low cost advertising (phone box)
low maintenance (just need to keep your airbags inflated)

spudgun67:

mixer driver too:

spudgun67:
any feedback would help.

Cheers

Hello Spudgun67,

Hellow mixer driver too
Working for Cemex in Chichester at mo, but travelling all over the place for work. How about you?

I`m with Tarmac in Cardiff. Travelled quite a bit last year and I worked in Worcestershire for a few months on M5 central reserve concrete barrier from before Xmas to end of feb.
Bought a new 8 wheeler with sleeper cab last November. makes travelling around much easier.
Take a look at this thread below,

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=66198

I reckon this must be a good job, puling for Breedon Aggregates :wink:

Goods Vehicle Operator’s Licence Amarinder Singh trading as Bajwa Haulage of 13A Methuen Road, Bexley Heath, Kent, DA6 7AH is applying for licence to use Breedon Aggregates England Ltd, Cloudhill Quarry, Stocking Lane, Breedon on the Hill, Derby, DE73 8AP as an operating centre for 2 goods vehicles. Owners or occupiers of land (including buildings) near the operating centre(s) who believe that their use or enjoyment of that land would be affected, should make written representations to the Traffic Commissioner at Hillcrest House, 386 Harehills Lane, Leeds, LS9 6NF stating their reasons, within 21 days of this notice. Representors must at the same time send a copy of their representations to the applicant at the address given at the top of this notice. A Guide to making representations is available from the Traffic Commissioner’s Office.

I doubt he will be nipping home for his lunch!

mikwheel:

gogzy:

you mean if u had daf or avolvo in your garden.

oh god here we go. how [zb] retarded are you? can you not read of do you beat one out to scannies to get to sleep at night?

if you cannot read i will explain this in detail for you

what i said was

If your in this to make money then you are in the wrong job,

now if you wanna get out of your head that scannies are the best trucks in the world and get back to reality it would be good

knock on some doors for your own work, being a subbie isn’t for the long term, it’s to fill gaps.
be flexible. if you only have a skelly, but someone wants some steel moving, then borrow or hire a flat, but don’t say “no”. they won’t ask a second time.