Daf CF 75 Issues

Hi all l got in my truck the other day and a engine warning came up on the dash along with low coolant. When l done my checks oil and coolant was fine…? Its a 2007 model. Has anyone had any similar issues or advise please? Thx

Must have been a glitch! All warnings have gone. I guess it does’nt like mornings… Don’t blame it…lol

Without fail every Daf I’ve driven has displayed the low coolant warning when a physical check has proved the warning wrong. My advice would be to physically check the coolant level and then simply ignore the warning (unless it comes up in red of course!)

Iirc the 75 engine is the one in the range that is derived from the old leyland pile of ■■■ ,hopefully someone can shed some more accurate info on what I mean :neutral_face:

ah the good old coolant level low warning in yellow and when ya check it will take a thimble full, try filling the header tank with the truck sat uphill it will keep it off for a couple of days

scotstrucker:
ah the good old coolant level low warning in yellow and when ya check it will take a thimble full, try filling the header tank with the truck sat uphill it will keep it off for a couple of days

Good idea on the hill top up…lol

Punchy Dan:
Iirc the 75 engine is the one in the range that is derived from the old leyland pile of ■■■ ,hopefully someone can shed some more accurate info on what I mean :neutral_face:

PR lump proper tough engine and by tough I mean a million plus k with original everything, well apart from the leaky sump gaskets! all fleet motors so hammered day in/out.
Cant see the MX11/13 doing the same? the MX 12 certainly couldnt :grimacing:

PR water pump (good for 500k), rad top tank (K-seal), coolant top rail banjo bolt (nip it up) all favourite coolant leak areas, easy to work on kind of reminds me of my time with F7/F10 and FL10s.

What I have never understood with the Pre 63 CF range is why the back of the header tank is clear plastic and the front is black plastic?
Still they havent learnt, 2014 onwards CF all black header tank AND all black scree wash bottle, muppets!

Trickydick:

Punchy Dan:

PR lump proper tough engine and by tough I mean a million plus k with original everything, well apart from the leaky sump gaskets! all fleet motors so hammered day in/out.

PR water pump (good for 500k), rad top tank (K-seal), coolant top rail banjo bolt (nip it up) all favourite coolant leak areas, easy to work on kind of reminds me of my time with F7/F10 and FL10s.

Agree with all you say there tricky but there has never been an MX12 …The original was just the MX

norb:

Trickydick:

Punchy Dan:

Agree with all you say there tricky but there has never been an MX12 …The original was just the MX

I know but we call it the 12 at work otherwise my workmate gets confused very confused, you know when hes gotten confused because when you go to the filter rack all the old short pr filters and the later long pr filters have greasy finger prints all over them, which is weird as bes been servicing the later little ■■■■■■■■ he does the same with all the mx filters even the e4/5/6 adblue ones, bloody annoying it is, so I labelled all the parts racks and he still does it, guess its time for bigger labels!
I really liked the 12 when it first came out, then they started to drop, then it became an epedemic, I kind of went off them then :grimacing: