O-Centre - Sheffield

Hi all,

Just going through the motions of ticking boxes etc prior to putting my first wagon on the road. I’ve spent today confirming availability of operating centres near me and both of my back-ups have become full. I have one place in mind but you don’t go for it with only one option.

The one thats still on my radar is Junction 31 Secure Parking. Boylins at Sheffield are full. Anywhere else that anyone can think of? I am willing to travel a bit to get somewhere, Rotherham, Doncaster, even Worksop at a worst case.

Oh, forgot to say that I’d need space for 1 unit, 1 third party trailer and a margin of 1 unit to get started. Room for growth would be nice but I can always go hunting again later if I really need to.

What sort of rental do those mentioned charge per month for parking??
Have you thought of approaching a local Farmer who has big enough yard and haggling a deal??
My 1st operating centre was FREE on a local farm as long as brought him a load of road planings back every month in the artic tipper!!!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Big Truck:
Have you thought of approaching a local Farmer who has big enough yard and haggling a deal??
My 1st operating centre was FREE on a local farm as long as brought him a load of road planings back every month in the artic tipper!!!

Best quote I have had so far is £37.50 a week per Vehicle plus vat. Ill google for local farms but I don’t actually know this area very well.

Hi have you got sorted with a yard for your truck yet, if not why not try Barnsley just of Junction 36
quite a few hauliers near there who let 3rd party hauliers stay.
One company Armitage tpt it is secure.

I’ve been up to my eyeballs in TM CPC notes for the past two weeks. Next week I get back down to actually sorting out the business! Thanks for the tip though, if I cant find something closer to me or my clients Ill give a few in Barnsley a bell.

nsmith1180:

Big Truck:

Best quote I have had so far is £37.50 a week per Vehicle plus vat. Ill google for local farms but I don’t actually know this area very well.

That seems a fair enough figure. :wink: