Operating Centre - Bedfordshire?

Currently looking for an Operating Centre within Bedfordshire, ideally as far North as possible.

It’s for 1 x unit & trailer, ASAP.

Someone suggested Crawley Crossing (M1 J13) but I’m yet to speak with them. Any other suggestions?

TIA.

Is this just for parking or storage/maitenance as well?

Just for parking. The work probably means the vehicle will only make it back to the OC every few weeks.

Many (many) years ago, we used to park our 7.5t at Fen Farm as the company only had a road outside their office, which was home based.
Fen Farm is the other end of the A421 from J13.

I am not certain but I think there are some companies that base vehicles and trailers out of Brian Currie DAF at Bleak Hall in Milton Keynes. There are a small fleet of tankers in their yard which never seem to move.

Thanks for the replies thus far, both here & via PM. Looked at Santa Pod area today :open_mouth: :unamused:

I can give you a name to contact for someone in Leighton Buzzard if any good to you; hard-standing ground, 24/7 security/access, floodlit etc. PM me if you are interested.

Regards

The industrial eatates around J.13 M1 and Kingston have units with huge parking and manouevering areas.
I won’t name any companies but take a day and check out the none multi chain warehouses and factories where you can talk to the boss with the power to say yes or no face to face.

Does it really matter where the OC is? (is that a stupid question?). Can offer OC at Dover for £30 per week.

MotisFSA:
Does it really matter where the OC is? (is that a stupid question?). Can offer OC at Dover for £30 per week.

It does when there’s an element of regional funding, for Bedfordshire as it happens! :wink: :laughing:

Thanks anyway (for the Dover offer). The list has been narrowed down to 2 options - both around £25 per week, security fencing, CCTV etc.

Thanks for everyone’s replies and info.