Beverley, North Humberside HU17
Duration

Temporary
Date posted

11 March 2010
Pension details

No details held
Description

Must be age 21+. Class 2 drivers required for multi-drop deliveries in the Hull and surrounding areas. Some manual handling will be required. This vacancy is due to end on 19/03/2010. . . Applicants to telephone employer for an interview
How to apply

You can apply for this job by telephoning 01482 862123 and asking for Andy Harrison.
Employer

Nigel Rice Transport

Twenty whole pence above the Minimum Wage… no doubt some poor wooden-headed sap will take it.

Aren’t these the trucks with a picture of a masked highwayman on them? :wink:

Harry Monk:
Twenty whole pence above the Minimum Wage… no doubt some poor wooden-headed sap will take it.

LOL :laughing: :laughing:

you can say ■■■■ it won’t get censored :wink:

Unfortunately there will always be someone worse off than yourself who wants the job. :cry:

Did I read or hear somewhere that this was the firm who were introducing a “savings scheme”
for their drivers so they could pay for their own DCPC training?

garnerlives:
you can say ■■■■ it won’t get censored :wink:

■■■■ - Yeah your right :wink:

As I posted here ages n ages ago a good friend of mine with massive experience including ADR/FLT left the big wheels behind to drive a ickle van for a chemist delivering prescriptions for £7 an hour, home every night, no tacho, no rush, no VOSA, and no worries with only about 35 miles a day going on the van, toplines just over 300 a week with a bit of OT, doesn’t seem so bad does it?

brados:
toplines just over 300 a week with a bit of OT, doesn’t seem so bad does it?

Frankly that is terrible compared to a bottom line of £500 a week, which is a fairly average wage for tramping.

I can hazard a guess to which company it is…Am I allowed to name them though??

go ahead !!!

you might wanna read the original post again first though :wink: :wink:

Potter, it’s Nigel Rice. Says at the bottom of the advert. I’ve done a bit on agency for them :frowning: but try to avoid them like the plague.

I am going to take a wild stab in the dark here… is it Nigel Rice Transport? :wink:

Harry Monk:

No the masked highwayman is:

shade:
go ahead !!!

you might wanna read the original post again first though :wink: :wink:

Lol, I never saw that, I used to work for them, set of ZB’s the lot of them!!
:imp: :imp:

Harry , are you thinking of Stand and Deliver from Watford ? They have ■■■■ Turpin on there trucks

shade:
Harry , are you thinking of Stand and Deliver from Watford ? They have ■■■■ Turpin on there trucks

Yep, you are right. Perhaps they have a similar colour scheme and this was enough to confuse me at this time of night :wink:

garnerlives:

Harry Monk:

No the masked highwayman is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1j7bOVEew0

Embedding disabled it says but I know the song well… I was about your age when it came out, young whippersnapper :wink:

keano1:
Potter, it’s Nigel Rice. Says at the bottom of the advert. I’ve done a bit on agency for them :frowning: but try to avoid them like the plague.

I worked for them, it was my 1st class two job, I managed to get sacked after hitting a car in a car repair place!! I told the TM it wouldn’t fit down there and I was right!!

Got back to the yard and the inevitable happened, got dragged into the office and fired, got told it was because I’d had to many accidents-it was two!! Bearing in mind it was my first driving job and I was still learning!!

ZB’s the lot of them!

i used to work for andy at blakey’s, an the odd agy shift at NR, a few drivers counldn’t stand him but i always got on alright with him.

whilst i’m not definatley not defending the £6ph, its worth mentioning that area has been must be amongst lowest payed for truck driving for the 10 years i’ve been driving. 8 / 10 years ago hull agy rates where about £5 - £6ph where just along the road in leeds you could get upto £7.50ph (class 1).i’m out of touch with the hull rates over the last 3/4 years but can’t imagine there being many class 2 jobs paying more than the £6.50 - £7ph bracket even on agy, am i anywhere near?? house prices are very cheap in the area, to the point where i’d guess your less $$ goes lot further than someone on a quid or 2 more, in a average / above average house price area.

stevie

Well somebody has to sponsor his racing efforts, his drivers should get their name on the side of his porsche.

stevieboy308:
i used to work for andy at blakey’s, an the odd agy shift at NR, a few drivers counldn’t stand him but i always got on alright with him.

whilst i’m not definatley not defending the £6ph, its worth mentioning that area has been must be amongst lowest payed for truck driving for the 10 years i’ve been driving. 8 / 10 years ago hull agy rates where about £5 - £6ph where just along the road in leeds you could get upto £7.50ph (class 1).i’m out of touch with the hull rates over the last 3/4 years but can’t imagine there being many class 2 jobs paying more than the £6.50 - £7ph bracket even on agy, am i anywhere near?? house prices are very cheap in the area, to the point where i’d guess your less $$ goes lot further than someone on a quid or 2 more, in a average / above average house price area.

stevie

Spot on there Steve on everything. I, like you, have worked for Andy both at Blakeys (via agency) and at Rices’ (both agency and employed as third night trunker) and found the guy to be OK. Rice’s wages have never been the best but they’re “not bad” for the area. Like you say, go out of Hull/Bev and the rates go up. For example, I was on £9-£10.50/hr working out of Goole area a mere 22 miles up the road (same distance from Driff as it was to Hull so cost no extra). The day guys on Class 2 don’t really seem to be rushed about too much. The night trunking sees you with your head in a pillow for 2+hrs a night. In fact the only work I did at Rice’s which actually involved work for the full shift was doing nights running out of that packaging company at Scarborough.