Bad habits

Just wondering what bad driving habits have you got?

I have started to go thru alot of red lights :blush: Well I don’t see the point in waiting at a red light on a round-a-bout at 4am when there is nothing coming. I check for rozzers and scameras as well and if the coast is clear its go go go.

Be carefull with that. :wink:
But yeah , me too.
Why do the lights go to red on a trunk route when ther aint a soul around? except the "soul"that is me?

or they are green until you get about 50 yards from them,then turn to red when there aint no one around except you that pi55es me off,so yeah i admit to doing it too :wink: :wink: :wink:

The new ‘smart lights’ all go to red for every approach at night and then activate for the first vehicle that gets near them - it saves a driver having to wait for one set to go from green to red as well as waiting for theirs to go from red to green

YTF have roundabouts got traffic lights on them anyway?

newmercman:
YTF have roundabouts got traffic lights on them anyway?

imagine if you will sheriffhall at 8am on a monday morning and you have your answer :slight_smile:

on the other hand sheriffhall at 3am in the morning- well its a bit pointless :laughing:

My worst habit is whenever I use a toilet at an RDC I have to put a toilet roll or two down the pan before taking a crap because I don’t like splashback see.

numbnuts77:
My worst habit is whenever I use a toilet at an RDC I have to put a toilet roll or two down the pan before taking a crap because I don’t like splashback see.

I do that so no-one hears the splash as my brick hits the water

numbnuts77:

Was this you ? :wink: :laughing:

ROG:

numbnuts77:

Possibly. I have been in there several times.

numbnuts77:

ROG:

numbnuts77:

Possibly. I have been in there several times.

The last time I did that, I was in Primary School :laughing: :laughing:

I have a set of lights near where I live, when I go across at 04.00 I treat them as an unmarked crossroads if on red… :exclamation: :exclamation:

Just make sure there isn’t an unmarked car following you at 4am in the morning on your way to work as coupled with a bit of speeding and some 20 mph red lights on a deserted roundabout can drop you in a world of pain… :blush: (dangerous driving = persistant disregard of road signs, speed limits, traffic lights etc, even when there’s no one else about, apart from dibble). They do like to bait as well, the unmarked chaps.

More and more are red & amber treated as the new green …it seems.

Smee:
I have a set of lights near where I live, when I go across at 04.00 I treat them as an unmarked crossroads if on red… :exclamation: :exclamation:

Don’t get me wrong I do not normally go through red lights, this set of lights is on a timer and at 4 in the morning there is FA coming the other way, so slow right down have a good look both ways and away I go…SIMPLES>>>>>>> :laughing: :laughing:

In the small hours its a pain,I flash my lights at them this excites the photoelectric gizmo and makes the lights change

alamcculloch:
In the small hours its a pain,I flash my lights at them this excites the photoelectric gizmo and makes the lights change

WARNING - TAKE COVER - URBAN MYTH ALERT

CLICKY

:wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

As well as the Red light attack what about the night time one way street whoopsie. You know the one it’s just 50 yds up the one way so in you go and bob’s your uncle :wink:

Thetaff:
or they are green until you get about 50 yards from them,then turn to red when there aint no one around except you that pi55es me off,so yeah i admit to doing it too :wink: :wink: :wink:

Yeah, and me :wink: :wink: :wink:

Well I am not convinced,what about temporary lights at a roadworks where there is nothing plumbed into the circuitry.I was in the bus recently and flashed some of the passengers started saying now we know,so I told them about the red light having a box fitted on top.