So where have you all been this week?

i have been on holiday all week so it was mundane jobs around the house for me :cry:

any little anecdotes about your week on the road or just where you been.

never thought i’d say it but roll on monday :open_mouth: :unamused:

jon

Iv,e just got off the train from London i was down filming for the new show that will replace Kilroy on daytime T.V., its called Who,s Talking Now and should be on the telly about mid March.

I didnt say a great deal but i will let anyone know that might watch it when its on.

Monday - Essex 6 drops around Chelmsford and Southend, not too bad a run for a change
Tuesday - Herts 4 drops Welwyn, Waltham Cross, St Albans x2 nice and easy - back to the yard and ‘sorry, we forgot to give you a heads up, you’re on a night out in Norfolk tomorrow’ :unamused:
Wednesday - Norfolk and Suffolk 7 drops. Get to Thetford and wagon starts to play silly, pull up and call for recovery, wait 2 hours for local yokel to turn up from Kings Lynn, plugs in little black box and says problem solved - yeah, right…get same problem a further 3 times during day but manage to work round it (bloody Iveco’s) - toddle off to finish route, back in the yard in 14:55hrs work, 8:50hrs driving fully legal on breaks, speed limits the lot…night out, my rs, I’ll sleep in my own bed thank you very much :laughing:
Thursday - London 5 drops. Gets to work, not picked/packed/loaded yet, go sit in canteen - I don’t care, the clock is on. Leave yard @ 1pm do first 2 drops, fail the rest and head home. Finish with a 14.5 hour day - moral of the story, leave me at home (in bed) until it’s ready to go and you’ll get more productive work done, pull me in at the programmed start time and the clock starts when I clock in and finishes a maximum of 15hrs later.
Friday/Saturday off
Doing an extra shift on Sunday, haven’t got a clue where except it’ll be somewhere between Carlisle, Penzance, Dover and Alnwick :laughing:

all in a days work, so to speak… :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Jules

To the brink of insanity ■■■■ truck driving :angry:

simon

Mon six drops around M3/M25 area a couple in Croydon, manged to get one of Tuesdays done so well in front, or so i thought. Night out at Fleet because that is where i had left trl. Tue, E Grinstead, went to the wrong warehouse at 0700 and the one i wanted did not open until 0830, but because i did not moan about it he took it and said he would take it over later :open_mouth: even further in front. Then next drop was Brighton, first i had to find somewhere to drop Trl 1/2 hour lost, then i had to find the drop, found London road no problem, all i knew is that it was behind Mcdonalds, an hour later and i was stuck, managed to get hold of another driver, who told me i had to go in to the bus lane and drive down it and turn just after MDs, ( only buses were allowed down road )it was a back alley with me up against the wall you could just get a little car past. that took all Morning, next up was Bognor, two in portsmouth, one in Fareham Night out Portsmouth, does anyone know somewhere i can park in Portsmouth not to keen on the truckstop. Wed Southampton, two in Poole, two in… can’t remember just to the north of S/ton starts with R. Night out.

Thurs Edinburgh, one drop got to Carnforth with five minutes to spare, today Manchester one drop. HOME :laughing:

Romsey■■?

most of the week is blurrr but i do remember being at heathrow to deliver a xray machine turned out they didnt want it instant back load :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ATKI Take a bow :laughing: :laughing: well done

:smiley:

Should have shipped Sunday but couldn’t get my working head on so went early Monday instead. Collected trailer from Slough, shipped Dover Calais and got as far as Beaune. Tuesday tipped St-Quentin-Fallavier near Lyon and then Milan. Into Switzerland and parked at Bellinzona for the night.

Wednesday loaded in Zurich then up to Herrenberg near Stuttgart for another collection. and got to just short of German/Luxembourg border at Remich before running out of time.

Thursday shipped Calais/Dover and returned trailer to Slough and that was it for the week.

This week seems to have been a Leicester week! Tilbury (Or Gillngham) to the Leicester area, plus lots of waiting around (6 hours at B&Q so ended up sleeping in the car park) and back loads from Ellistown (with more waiting!)…

It’s Friday and I’m home :smiley: And only 4 weeks to my hols in the Carribean :stuck_out_tongue:

I had a couple of ‘odd’ days pulling for the NY state prison service, the trailer was only 45 ft long an 6 inches narrower than my tractor. Drop and hook at each end.

To infinity and beyond.

Monday: Norwich,Peterborough,Stamford and Grantham
Tuesday: Withernsea,Hull x 3,Beverley
Wednesday: Lowestoft,Great Yarmouth x 2,Norwich (Night out)
Thursday: Hull x 2,Beverley,Willerby
Friday: Lowestoft,Great Yarmouth x 2,Norwich (Night out)
Saturday: Ran in and got £140 for 4 hours work…Nice. :smiley:

Ken.

Just got back from a weeks holiday in Cornwall :sunglasses: :sunglasses:. and now catching up with all the news, washing etc

The drivers down there certainly earn their crusts, threading trucks through the narrow lanes, towns and villages.

Soon be Monday :frowning:

Calv

coalville-dartford-solihull-dartford-purfleet-coalville-kettering-purfleet-dartford-coalville-purfleet-leigh-on-sea-swanley-purfleet-coalville-crowedge-dartford-coalville-swanley-purfleet-dartford-appleton thorn-dartford-thrapston!!

paul

So you like coalville and dartford then Paul :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Sunday; Final day of our holiday in Florianopolis, capital of Santa Catarina, (about 1200kms south of Rio de Janeiro). We rent a car and go inland to the German-speaking areas. Stopped at a Porcelain factory (“Making fine quality products since 1945”, it says on the carrier bags)
Monday; Hanging around in Camboriu, boring coastal town. Finally get seat on EasyJet-type cheapo airline. a 4400km internal flight back home to the North-East for 50 quid. Not bad.
Rio airport closed due to monsoon rains. Fly to Sao Paolo instead. Wait for 4 hours in hot airport watching baggage. Expensive food. Only good point is finding a copy of 4-4-2 football mag in airport bookshop. Another long wait in Salvador. Bar at airport closed = misery. Arrive home 01.30, totally wiped.
Tuesday. Do nothing. Recover on the beach.
Wednesday. In the studio recording some slide guitar for a funny old boy who’s making an album of his own songs, likes having a Brit on his sessions.
Thursday. Go and collect bananas from our plantation. Have a look at some of the beehives, get stung, give up. Try and fix the exhaust mounting on the Jeep, fail, give up, phone mechanic to book appointment.
Late night gig with the band at a local club. Excellent. The band all turn up, some of them sober. The club owner pays us a tenner each and all the beer we can drink. Arrive home as the sun is coming up.
Friday. Attempt to deal with the long list of things my wife has left for me to do. Succeed only in going to the market, buying loads of seafood, cooking it and eating it.
Saturday. Non-stop party day. Barbecue with the band out at a private house north of town. Super jam session all afternoon. Another party for lawyers and judges in the evening, make fool of myself by arriving inebriated and playing badly. Some great local musicians play samba until 2 a.m.
One more week in Brasil then it’s back to European trucking again.

Mid week I got back from a disasterous trip round France wih a motor racing team on board, (zb)ing around the yard then off friday, saturday part of a convoy to pick up 67 polo ponies that flew into Stanstead, usual 5hour delay but my m8 bought dinner so not a total loss. Romantic Saturday night, stinking of diesel with a KFC (I’m a classy bird I am!) :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Sun - Sitting around all day at Nantes
Mon - Shipped into Portsmouth and up to Banbury
Tues - Over to Alconbury, noticed that the food had improved but the showers hadn’t!
Weds - Tipped at Lynford Hall (middle of nowhere), dropped trl there and into the smoke to collect the saddest looking curtainsider (customers) ever!
Thurs and Fri - get to put my feet up ready for the weekend again - Albert Hall sat night/sun morning - it’s hard enough finding decent places to eat in the daytime, event trucking means a lot more motorway services meals! There’s always a downside eh?