Insomnia and anxiety

If you have suffered from lack of sleep, I have tried Dormeasan Valerian oral drops and found it to work very well to help with insomnia and feeling anxious, it doesn’t affect your driving with no side affects to worry about, the manufacturer is A. Vogel from any pharmacy without prescription .

Is it really safe though?
Has anyone been on a course of it for 90years?
If I get pregnant will I grow a second head?
Can you prove I won`t drop dead from side effects in 6years, 6months, and 6days?
I would worry to take anything unproven. It would cause me anxiety and sleepless nights.

Where can I get some?
:smiley:

Franglais:
Can you prove I won`t drop dead from side effects in 6years, 6months, and 6days?
I would worry to take anything unproven. It would cause me anxiety and sleepless nights.

Where can I get some?

Have you actually read this properly Franglais ?
You do realise that this AINT a Covid vaccination thread don’t you?.
Just checking like.
:wink: :laughing:

Tarmaceater:
If you have suffered from lack of sleep, I have tried Dormeasan Valerian oral drops and found it to work very well to help with insomnia and feeling anxious, it doesn’t affect your driving with no side affects to worry about, the manufacturer is A. Vogel from any pharmacy without prescription .

Didn’t work for me, had to change from nights to afternoons to combat the monthly insomnia I kept getting

Franglais:

Where can I get some?

Good points ^^^^ I’d be up in arms about it if someone… perhaps a government was coercing me into taking it.

Tarmaceater:

A far easier way and it doesn’t cost you anything : http://www.trucknetuk.com/phpBB/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=45466

Tarmaceater:

I’d try going without caffeine first. It’s poison. I’m asleep the second my head hits the pillow after quitting.

milodon:

Tarmaceater:

I’d try going without caffeine first. It’s poison. I’m asleep the second my head hits the pillow after quitting.

I’am the same out like a light 5 to 6 hrs sleep and away again .

milodon:

Tarmaceater:

I reckon you’re right, a combination of too many coffees and dodgy arm tendons affect my sleep.
Only thing is if I don’t have any coffee I get withdrawl symptoms in the form of a headache that resembles a hangover…how bad/sad is that eh? :unamused:

robroy:
I reckon you’re right, a combination of too many coffees and dodgy arm tendons affect my sleep.
Only thing is if I don’t have any coffee I get withdrawl symptoms in the form of a headache that resembles a hangover…how bad/sad is that eh? :unamused:

Well coffee might be the culprit behind your tendon problems as well. I had a bad rotator cuff that manifested itself every time I tried shoulder exercises with any weight at the gym. Sought help from a physical therapist, who prescribed a regime for stretching. Didn’t help any. Caffeine promotes inflammation in the system so that is now a problem of the past.

I only had headaches after drinking 4-5 cups during my 850 mile commutes, but what made it easy to quit every time (it creeps up on you again as you forget about the downside of the ■■■■■■ what’s one cup gonna do?), was the total loss of energy, eventually even after a cup. Plus, of course the anxiety and problems sleeping. Been more than a year now since my last cup, drink herbal tea now.

If you are suffering from poor sleep, anxiety etc then the first thing to do is deal with whatever is causing it, NOT to simply start taking meds/remedies to mask the symptoms.

milodon:

robroy:

Well coffee might be the culprit behind your tendon problems as well. I had a bad rotator cuff that manifested itself every time I tried shoulder exercises with any weight at the gym. Sought help from a physical therapist, who prescribed a regime for stretching. Didn’t help any. Caffeine promotes inflammation in the system so that is now a problem of the past.

Wow!
Thanks for that, I’ll look into it.
Problem is I am an absolute coffee addict.
I used to drink nothing but tea (yeh I know it also contains caffeine) my wife made me a latte one day, and since then I became hooked.
Wondering if switching to de caffeinated would do the trick, or is another ingredient also a culprit.

Roymondo:
If you are suffering from poor sleep, anxiety etc then the first thing to do is deal with whatever is causing it, NOT to simply start taking meds/remedies to mask the symptoms.

+1 , my previous job was causing no end of stress , so I left and last week no stress problems at all
Only stress this week is driving an unfamiliar truck and new places

New pastures

robroy:
Wow!
Thanks for that, I’ll look into it.
Problem is I am an absolute coffee addict.
I used to drink nothing but tea (yeh I know it also contains caffeine) my wife made me a latte one day, and since then I became hooked.
Wondering if switching to de caffeinated would do the trick, or is another ingredient also a culprit.

Yes, it’s a socially accepted addiction. And it works differently on different people, I’ve learned that it’s definitely not for me, but I’ve read that people with fast metabolism are not as affected. Decaf is an alternative, but it’s not free of caffeine really, depending on the brand. Herbal tea is free of caffeine, white, black and green tea are not.

The funny thing is energy drinks have nowhere the effect on me coffee has, but the lack of motivation I have without having a can a day and the heartburn that is a given with that one can convinced me to kick that habit as well.

Has anyone ever fallen asleep with the engine running, you are on the bunk and wake up in a sheer panic and terror as when you open the eyes , there is the back of a trailer.
The lorry parked in front of you in the lay by and in your mind , you were still driving and about to crash in to the trailer then you jump out the bunk to get in the seat to slam on the brakes?
It has happened to me and seeing the legendary black dog crossing the road when feeling very tired at night , if you have seen the film Black Dog with the late Patrick Swayze RIP , he played a trucker who flattened a car and didn’t feel the bump , he had to work for a dodgy boss Meatloaf .
The Kalms from Boots didn’t help much with sleeping, and I have the gastric reflux disease which is treated with Omprezole and Gaviscon , I was offered a severe operation called Fundoplication , where they wrap the stomach to avoid the acid coming up , in the night , the acid had stopped me breathing while chocking on it .
Alternatively I have ordered 16 audio books written by Carryfast, I will divulge my review when listened to all of them .

drover:

Tarmaceater:

Didn’t work for me, had to change from nights to afternoons to combat the monthly insomnia I kept getting

That’s interesting, I’ve started finding nights harder so am considering a move to 12-4pm starts and was hoping I would sleep better. Since Jan have been home at 8-9am and my sleep quality has gone downhill.

robroy:

milodon:

Tarmaceater:

Back when I would use energy drinks I would often get leg cramps that would wake me up in agony, which have gone by the wayside since. I tend to hydrate better now too and take 750ml or more of water each day or double that in summer.

A morning fishing,followed by and afternoon gardening,before a large dinner and 2 cans of fursty ferret was enough to put me down for 10 hours.

Anyone who…

Drinks, what is alleged to be coffee from those rip off, germ distributing objects known as ‘coffee machines’ deserves all the insomnia and anxiety they get.

If yer daft enough to pay upwards of 3 quid a cup for boiled up battery acid topped with high fat lactose bubbles, then you have earned your sleepless bed-wetting nights.

Vending machines in work environments are akin to drug dealers outside school gates.

Well I never did and 90% of the coffee I drank was made with boiling water and a French press. I never even used the coffee maker in the truck. It’s the coffee that is the problem, not how you procure said coffee.