One for TNCSI..

Reginald was so pleased with his homemade anti gravity device that he couldn’t resist showing it off…

I wonder how long it took before some knob head stood underneath it looking upwards. :smiley:

robroy:
I wonder how long it took before some knob head stood underneath it looking upwards. :smiley:

He’d have been fine if he’d had a hard hat on. Apparently.

Looks like carryfast did this.

the maoster:

robroy:

He’d have been fine if he’d had a hard hat on. Apparently.

And a hivis :wink:

dont see a problem, his mate delivered it earlier and now he’s reversing to pick it up… simples :sunglasses:

Didn’t we have this posted on here recently or did I see it somewhere else?

Actually might have been face ache, comments section had someone saying something about the car being fixed up and into the showroom or something along those lines.

Good job though suspending a car from a bridge.

m.a.n rules:
dont see a problem, his mate delivered it earlier and now he’s reversing to pick it up… simples :sunglasses:

Yep, back up, pick it up and crack on.

Nobody else has said it so I will [emoji23]
I didn’t realise stobarts did car transporters back then [emoji15]

adam277:

And if he did he’d swear that the bridge is in the wrong and he knows more about how to be a bridge than the bridge itself

Buggered if i know why he didn’t simply back underneath, lift the deck to take up the suspension then chain it back on again and reverse it off the ledge

Shows how strong those roof pillars were on Saabs though and Volvos of the time, i saw a Volvo 200 series where the roof had been cut off and a Pug 206 the same some years later, 206 pillars were basically hollow section, the Volvos had layers of folded steel running up the middle of the pillar.
Similar bridge strikes see entire roof sections being sliced and peeled back or flattened completely on recent designs.

switchlogic:

adam277:

And if he did he’d swear that the bridge is in the wrong and he knows more about how to be a bridge than the bridge itself

Let’s get this right you’re the one who’s admitted putting a truck on its side and not even a high c of g one at that and also admitted that your face fits enough to be bulletproof from any come backs.
As opposed to do I really have to go searching for my safe driving commendations.Also if I was in the habit of hitting bridges a Drott or Muir Hill loading shovel sitting chained up on a multi lift deck is going to put up a better fight v the bridge than hitting it with a car or box/curtain sider roof. :unamused:

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

adam277:

Let’s get this right you’re the one who’s admitted putting a truck on its side and not even a high c of g one at that and also admitted that your face fits enough to be bulletproof from any come backs.
As opposed to do I really have to go searching for my safe driving commendations.Also if I was in the habit of hitting bridges a Drott or Muir Hill loading shovel sitting chained up on a multi lift deck is going to put up a better fight v the bridge than hitting it with a car or box/curtain sider roof. :unamused:

Nice to know I’m finally getting to you :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Feel free to post your lovely certificates, I hope they help you feel better about your disappointing career :wink: Me, yeah I’ve made some monumental ■■■■ ups but I’ve had a great time in a career I’ve loved and it’s not even over yet :smiley:

Juddian:
Buggered if i know why he didn’t simply back underneath, lift the deck to take up the suspension then chain it back on again and reverse it off the ledge

Shows how strong those roof pillars were on Saabs though and Volvos of the time, i saw a Volvo 200 series where the roof had been cut off and a Pug 206 the same some years later, 206 pillars were basically hollow section, the Volvos had layers of folded steel running up the middle of the pillar.
Similar bridge strikes see entire roof sections being sliced and peeled back or flattened completely on recent designs.

That’s a very good point actually. A modern car would still be on the transporter and the roof on the road

Switchlogic did you make a post about you putting a lorry on its side?
Be quite funny to hear about that.

adam277:
Switchlogic did you make a post about you putting a lorry on its side?
Be quite funny to hear about that.

It’s a very well known event from a decade ago. 2011 I think

Edit: Here you go lorry-driver.com/search?q=N80&m=1

blogger-image-1927904610.jpg

Lol what a melt.
I look forward to the day I do something so stupid.

There are accidents that put other lives at risk. There are others that put yourself at risk. Then there are those that make you look like a bit of a prat.
Yours is the last.

I basically ripped the bollard completely out the ground.
Basically I had to reverse from the main road and into the site.
Somehow, I completely forgot that there was a bollard there. So I lined the truck up with the bollard right at the back of the truck in the middle so I couldnt see it in the mirrors. (Also I forgot it was there).
Then I reversed back.
But I couldnt go back any further. So I thought that was weird… I should probably give it some more power so I can get the rear wheel over the curb. So I gave it some more power and reversed right in.
Thought it was a little odd when I saw a bollard on the floor appear from under my cab as I entered the site.

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Nice to know I’m finally getting to you :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Feel free to post your lovely certificates, I hope they help you feel better about your disappointing career :wink: Me, yeah I’ve made some monumental ■■■■ ups but I’ve had a great time in a career I’ve loved and it’s not even over yet :smiley:

The point was if I was a bridge basher I’d have got my record during my first 5 years in the job and the bridge/s in question would have known they’d been hit. :unamused: :laughing:

As for my ‘career’ plenty of it matched the opening scene of Il Bestione and that paid for even better holiday foreign road trips it doesn’t get much better than that. :wink:

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

The point was if I was a bridge basher I’d have got my record during my first 5 years in the job and the bridge/s in question would have known they’d been hit. :unamused: :laughing:

As for my ‘career’ plenty of it matched the opening scene of Il Bestione and that paid for even better holiday foreign road trips it doesn’t get much better than that. :wink:

No the original point was- It’s. A. Joke. :unamused: No one seriously claimed you were a bridge basher or involved. Stop always being so desperate to be offended. If I was offended by jokes made about me I’d be a basket case. So many people take ■■■■ out of me, that’s keep giving them material is neither here nor there :smiley: It’s the way this job is, always has been hopefully always will be

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

No the original point was- It’s. A. Joke. :unamused: No one seriously claimed you were a bridge basher or involved. Stop always being so desperate to be offended. If I was offended by jokes made about me I’d be a basket case. So many people take ■■■■ out of me, that’s keep giving them material is neither here nor there :smiley: It’s the way this job is, always has been hopefully always will be

Great it was supposedly a ‘joke’ then put some emos with it along the lines of :smiling_imp: :laughing: :smiley: :wink:.
So why is it that you’re applying double standards to my reply whacking a bridge with a loading shovel/dozer thereby making a proper job of it sounds like a laugh to me.
As for the remarks concerning my ‘career’ that was clearly meant as no joke and in an ideal world Seabourne would have kept their international trunking operations after the UPS buyout ( including Milan ).
I would have then got a transfer to Barking international line haul after our buy out. Subbies wouldn’t have got a look in but we could have given them the feeders instead then you would have known what a zb job no fault of your own really is.My guess is you’d have run away from the job rather than risk breaking your back.

As for you ditching a truck it looks just like the usual fell asleep at the wheel scenario to me usually the result of those who think that they are supermen who don’t need to sleep. :smiling_imp: :laughing: :wink: