Curtain repair tape

Am after best tape to buy to repair a few cuts in my curtains each about 6. Inch long
Company won’t pay for it be repaired… but will. Reimburse me .
Ideally. Something can buy off the shelf at. Screwfix etc

edd1974:
Am after best tape to buy to repair a few cuts in my curtains each about 6. Inch long

None ! THEIR trailer , they should get it done properly

Sent from my truck

blue estate:

edd1974:

None ! THEIR trailer , they should get it done properly

Sent from my truck

+1 Million.

Ken.

By all means keep a roll of gaffa tape in your bag to do a temporary fix to get you home if its a particularly bad one but stuff any more than that. It doesn’t even take an experienced fitter 10 minutes to fix a cut and much of that is spent waiting for the hot air gun to get up to temperature.

Leave the cuts and don’t do owt. When the boss gets enough complaints from customers about their delivery being wet through then maybe he’ll get them sorted.

All of the above and some.

The only thing which will hold for more than 5 mins of wind is a proper repair. For that you need this bit of kit, plus all the stuff below it. Kindof doubt he"ll want to reimburse you for that (no idea if this version is better than others).

plasticweldingequipment.co. … ctid=17691

Have tried strong tapes for to repairs myself and they lasted until I got onto the motorway, but one pass by a truck and it comes undone, usually worse than the original. Garage just laugh when you mention Duck Tape.

ended up buying some chepao tape cost 2.99 if it holds it holdd it doesnt it doesnt.
as you lot say why bother .

Part of the trick of repairing trailer sheets, or tilts is cleaning the surrounding area, you need some solvent that doesn’t affect the pvc

trevHCS:
The only thing which will hold for more than 5 mins of wind is a proper repair. For that you need this bit of kit, plus all the stuff below it. Kindof doubt he"ll want to reimburse you for that (no idea if this version is better than others).

plasticweldingequipment.co. … ctid=17691

Have tried strong tapes for to repairs myself and they lasted until I got onto the motorway, but one pass by a truck and it comes undone, usually worse than the original. Garage just laugh when you mention Duck Tape.

That’s the gear the garage at our spot uses along with a long plywood board to go behind the curtain when they’re doing it.
Duct tape has got me trailers back from Scotland, even going over the A66 in a gale so it’s not useless but it’s a short term temporary fix.

The temporary repair I had done recently , fitter cut little holes all around cut then cable tied it , then put tape over the top of cut / cable ties to make it water tight , 5 days later after numerous openings of curtain the repair was as new

dozy:
The temporary repair I had done recently , fitter cut little holes all around cut then cable tied it , then put tape over the top of cut / cable ties to make it water tight , 5 days later after numerous openings of curtain the repair was as new

Cable ties to make it watertight um I think not
No expense spared at the green death then