Help buying a used trailer

Just wondering if anyone can help we are a small company and only ever run flatbed trailers,gaffer is looking to buy a secondhand curtainsider and was wondering how easy or difficult or more likely how much to change the livery on the curtains,is it possible or is it new curtains,thanks in advance

Theres loads of plain curtain ones about so if your gaffers not bothered about his name theres nothing to change, have a look on truckbay on facebook theres always loads on there , the one in the pic just sold for 2k with Mot

As above, trailers especially older models are dirt cheap. I sub for a large European company they run old tilts and bought hundreds of VanHool Norfolk line tilts for next to nothing. They were never bothered re livery and any trailers they buy just have the print removed from the covers. its pretty easy to do. Ive bought a few trailers in my time as an O/D and if youre not a spanner man take an HGV fitter with you for a good checkover, some may look cosmetically good but total scrap with a split/cracked chassis. Tyres are an easy check but hook it up and take it down the road to check for any braking horrors ect…

TBH anything beyond daubing similar coloured paint over it is a very time consuming unpleasant job. You can steam vinyl off and use thinners on painted lettering but they’re both had work. Curtains aren’t horrendously expensive but really as mentioned there’s a load of plain ones around.

Do yourself a favour and ovoid anything made by Cartwright!

Moose:
Do yourself a favour and ovoid anything made by Cartwright!

Agreed, dreadful trailers to work with!!

Like the others, i’d just go for a plain one and then put some stickers on the doors and headboard.

SDC trailers have a branch in Toomebridge Northern Ireland less than 20 miles away is another company Cunningham covers . Between the two of them youll get whatever you want assuming your gaffer has deep enough pockets .

sdctrailers.com/

cunninghamcovers.co.uk/

You should get a decent plain curtainsider for 5k no bother. Just all depends what height you want to run and i would buy a SDC if it was my money.