Hook loader hyva sheeting broke

Hello does anybody know how to repair i think its a hyva sheeting net system as it come of the roller, when i stretched it out over my bin i was supposed to tuck it against bin back Door but that didnt happen and it went straight down and pulled the sheeting/net of the roller? Its a hook loader how should i go about repairing it ? Has this happened to anybody else? Thanks sean

Seen a couple gone right over and down the back, both VOR for some time as the arms had to be dismantled to drop the bin, but guessing that this was driver error rather than mechanical? Would still think it’s VOR and a new sheet needs fitting rather than something a driver can fix to cover a mistake.

Vid:
Seen a couple gone right over and down the back, both VOR for some time as the arms had to be dismantled to drop the bin, but guessing that this was driver error rather than mechanical? Would still think it’s VOR and a new sheet needs fitting rather than something a driver can fix to cover a mistake.

Well it was definitely driver error , lack of of training wasnt shown what to do more like guess and go sort of thing, anyways pulled sheet/net over bin Took it over back got really fddly with the sticks was trying to pull it back against bin doors but in the end arm went down and pulled the netting/sheet of the roller bolts net isn’t damaged or ripped and round circle holes from where it was fixed onto roller hydraulic arms all went back into place no issue just when i did attatch the net back to the roller it wouldnt roll back up think its got a coil spring inside

seand90:

Vid:

Well it was definitely driver error , lack of of training wasnt shown what to do more like guess and go sort of thing, anyways pulled sheet/net over bin Took it over back got really fddly with the sticks was trying to pull it back against bin doors but in the end arm went down and pulled the netting/sheet of the roller bolts net isn’t damaged or ripped and round circle holes from where it was fixed onto roller hydraulic arms all went back into place no issue just when i did attatch the net back to the roller it wouldnt roll back up think its got a coil spring inside

Some firms will have the attitude that you won’t make that mistake again, others won’t give you the chance to make any mistake. Defo a spring in there and I think it need dismantling to rewind rather than trying to do it in place, holding your hands up not an option?

First job contact Hyva as the sheet is too short, Second job attach sheet to roller & then remove the the two bolts & nuts from each side of the roller and wind the 24mm end shaft fixing for about 28 turns, get someone to refit the bolts,
move arms to forward position and then back out, retention more if needed.

There’s going to be a lot of of tension in the spring. I’d be very wary of trying to fix it yourself unless you know what you are doing and adequately kitted. Hands up time I reckon, with your fingers crossed.

If the spring set up is anything like a roller shutter then you most definitely do not want to try doing this yourself, it will take your fingers off if it slips with it even partially tensioned.

cav551:
If the spring set up is anything like a roller shutter then you most definitely do not want to try doing this yourself, it will take your fingers off if it slips with it even partially tensioned.

Hi Cav, Thankfully nothing like the dreaded Dover/Whiting set up, Spring on the Hyva hook loader sheeting system is sealed inside the drum so no where to lose fingers, The sheet in question was either not attached fully to the roller or it has a wrong sheet fitted, fully extended it should have about a metre to spare on the roller tube.
Job can be done quite easily with two people standing on the ground, I normally replace them on my own but I have done quite a few so it has become a simple procedure.

Not the same issue but does any know what feeds th hooklift control on a hyva rig there’s no air going to my controls in my cab so I can’t get me bin off anyone hade this problem before

Shakey30:
Not the same issue but does any know what feeds th hooklift control on a hyva rig there’s no air going to my controls in my cab so I can’t get me bin off anyone hade this problem before

If you have a sheeting system the control levers will only work when it is in the out position, if its out & not working check the sensors at the rear outriggers for the sheeting arms are lit up.

Shakey30:

Pick up phone, call office, make it their problem. Changing bulbs, electrical/ABS susies and any safe “get me back to the yard so I can go home” bodge that can be done with cable ties or whatever is to hand are fine but when it starts to involve tools they can send someone out.