My curtain fell out the rail! pics inside

Didnt expect this to happen lol!

i had that happen once when i did the ferry trailers, luckily there was a very nice forklift driver who tipped me, and helped me out when i was empty.

how long it take you to get it back in ? :smiley:

voodoo1:
how long it take you to get it back in ? :smiley:

I thought it was going to take ages but was only a 5min job, was abit awkard, them curtains are pretty dam heavy after a 15hour shift!

They stuck me in a cage on the end of the forklift i threaded the rollers back in while a couple of other guys pulled the curtain forwards and lifted the back of it up.

Try it with an insulated curtain Saamon,and no forklift :angry:

Yep, happened to me once. Pulled the sheet back on a new trailer and lost about 50% onto the floor as the clowns that built it forgot to put a stop bolt in. Well un-impressed…

Ouch, that looks a pita !!

Glad it worked out ok for you in the end mate :wink:

whiplash:
Try it with an insulated curtain Saamon,and no forklift :angry:

■■■■ that, i’d just throw it in the back and get going.

Phantom Mark:

It turned out to be a right laugh, there must of been about 5 lads, everyone got stuck in and helped, with a good bit of ■■■■ taking thrown in aswell.

I’ve had that happen to me aswell…

Geoffo:

+1

Saaamon:

Phantom Mark:

It turned out to be a right laugh, there must of been about 5 lads, everyone got stuck in and helped, with a good bit of ■■■■ taking thrown in aswell.

Nice to hear, not many places left these days where lads will muck in and help out :wink:

I feel I should apologise - I thought you were being a drama queen and having some in-cab soft furnishing issues :slight_smile:

Wasn’t a Montracon by any chance, had that problem a few weeks ago.

Geoffo:

+1 it’s always the ones that slide nice and easy too! Lol

its surprising it dont happen more often…i had it happen once…all that stops the rollers coming off the rail is a nut and bolt with 2 big washers that go on the end of the rail…if the bolt comes loose then it can fall off when you pull the curtain and the rest of the curtain follows.

I’ve had my cab curtains do that when the clip thingy on the end fell off. Managed to get them back in by myself though.

Does that count? :smiley:

Had a tilt sheet blow over off the frame once, that was a nightmare.

grumpybum:
I feel I should apologise - I thought you were being a drama queen and having some in-cab soft furnishing issues :slight_smile:

Yeah, I’ve had that before and it’s blooming annoying when all you want to do is get your head down :frowning:

Then again, I’ve also had the curtain fall out of its rails on the loadbed, and back then there wasn’t anyone to help. Had to bodge it as much as possible to get it back to base, but effin annoying I can tell you.

I was reminded by the boss always to have one pole, front or rear, in before tugging the curtains to prevent that…

Saratoga:
I was reminded by the boss always to have one pole, front or rear, in before tugging the curtains to prevent that…

Does it have to be a Pole would a Latvian or Hungarian do just as well? :laughing: