curtains

has anyone else had this happen to them?
the curtain pole and the first 2 sections (up to the 2nd clip) came undone whilst on A64 the other evening, now I know it could be that I did,nt fasten ti properly but to be honest I,m quite obsesive about checking things are properly fastened, I drive with a mate as well who a times will secure the cutains but I never start driving until I have checked the curtains/doorsare properly secure,

I did report it to T/M as I noticed that pole was slightly bent but i,m not sure wether this was before of after as its a truck that is used by other guys for most of the time… I,ve also found out that whilst others have used it they have experienced when tightening the curtain with the ratchet that it has released the curtain so ,i,m thinking that maybe the ratchet mech as a fault,but not sure why the pole came out unless it just bounced out when I hit a bump or something though our maintenace say there is,nt prob.,

anyway main reason is to say thanks for the artic driver who straddled the lanes to stop anyone else coming past until I managed to reach a safe area to stop, did,nt catch the name on the truck just an orange scania and trailer so if your on here cheers mate!!

my own motto now is to check twice at least

I’ve had a rear pole come out more than once, normally because it is bent and vibration pushed it steadily upwards I would say.

Harry Monk:
I’ve had a rear pole come out more than once, normally because it is bent and vibration pushed it steadily upwards I would say.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

Errrrrrrr…you sure you`re posting on the right site Harry■■? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

It’s in your mind, you pervert!

One of the main reasons for this is because you are tensioning the wrong end first, the pole needs to be wrapped around the pole by at least half a turn at each end and behind the bracket, water seal and gasket.

I have picked so many up that are not tensioned correctly.

As for Harrys problem, it seems as though he needs to resecure his pole.