London.

Well Camden in particular. Usually heaving with crowds on the streets and pubs full. Delivering in main st and not one attempt to rob something out of the cage. This lockdown certainly has its positives. Also cops on or around most large junctions driving in to town.

TomCrin:
Well Camden in particular. Usually heaving with crowds on the streets and pubs full. Delivering in main st and not one attempt to rob something out of the cage. This lockdown certainly has its positives. Also cops on or around most large junctions driving in to town.

Really I thought it was quite busy , Hackney , Southall , and other than the coppers / ambulances racing round at full tilt which they usually do I can’t remember seeing any coppers on corners
I walked to Asda at Dagenham last night & it was like they were still in panic buying mode , bloody great ques down every isle to checkouts , and big que to get in

Your comments regarding cops on the corners. I’ve never seen so many of them since the lockdown has been on, gets me thinking where were they before the lockdown, it was nothing to go all day without seeing one, now they are everywhere.

Washwipe:
Your comments regarding cops on the corners. I’ve never seen so many of them since the lockdown has been on, gets me thinking where were they before the lockdown, it was nothing to go all day without seeing one, now they are everywhere.

Funny enough I noticed on a lot of the perches on the side of the motorways there were police cars for a change instead of the usual wanabees there.

the maoster:

Washwipe:

Funny enough I noticed on a lot of the perches on the side of the motorways there were police cars for a change instead of the usual wanabees there.

Did you wave to your heroes !!

the maoster:

Washwipe:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
all show and no go to impress the lemming public.
they do the same every year at the start of december to make you think theres no chance you can drink and drive over christmas,then like magic,they all disappear over the holidays.
theyre out in force because someone upstairs told them to show face and pick a few targets at random to crucify.

dozy:

TomCrin:

Really I thought it was quite busy , Hackney , Southall , and other than the coppers / ambulances racing round at full tilt which they usually do I can’t remember seeing any coppers on corners
I walked to Asda at Dagenham last night & it was like they were still in panic buying mode , bloody great ques down every isle to checkouts , and big que to get in

That’s what you get for living in an area where the indigenous is the minority. Glad my asda is in a part of Leeds where it’s mostly white British who behave in a more civilised manner at the supermarkets.

dozy:

TomCrin:

Unsure about other areas of London but thanks for your input. Here again this morning and it’s much the same. I went down St Pancras Way and there were two cop cars side by side In the middle of the road. Again most major junctions have a cop car on them. I reckon they’re looking for mini buses or vans transporting people to work.

TomCrin:

dozy:

TomCrin:

Unsure about other areas of London but thanks for your input. Here again this morning and it’s much the same. I went down St Pancras Way and there were two cop cars side by side In the middle of the road. Again most major junctions have a cop car on them. I reckon they’re looking for mini buses or vans transporting people to work.
[/quote]
I need new glasses , I’ve just tipped Edmonton & am now at
Dagenham , I’ve just popped to Asda again & there’s a que across the front of building & down the side
But other than a cop car sirens on blasting up m11 I’ve seen no coppers at Edmonton or Dagenham , which is good , because the farther they stay away from me the better , ■■■■■

Henlys corner , major jct , still can’t see any coppers

72DD6C40-A033-49A9-BD3C-B47806761D9B.jpeg

Edgeware down to Colindale on the A5 was heaving today, was like a normal Sunday afternoon :open_mouth:

dozy:
Henlys corner , major jct , still can’t see any coppers

I’m thinking that I’ve got one of them, there, stalkers.

Lez is suspended at the mo, so I can use my dirty old Euro 3 chugger to deliver in that there London village on Sat & not have to pay a huge figure for the privilege!

iguana:
Lez is suspended at the mo, so I can use my dirty old Euro 3 chugger to deliver in that there London village on Sat & not have to pay a huge figure for the privilege!

Did you not know that you can use your Euro 3 chugger at any time but that the money you have to pay magically makes your emissions lower? :wink:

That’s a snipe st the system by the way… if they were serious about air pollution it’d be a straight ban, but as an revenue raiser its OK I guess :wink:

toonsy:

iguana:

Did you not know that you can use your Euro 3 chugger at any time but that the money you have to pay magically makes your emissions lower? :wink:

That’s a snipe st the system by the way… if they were serious about air pollution it’d be a straight ban, but as an revenue raiser its OK I guess :wink:

Agree totally.

I used to love London in the old days, had some real good nights out there in the past when you could park.
Nowadays if I never went there in a truck again it would be too soon.
Very anti truck, full of pond life, far too many ott restrictions, everybody out to rip you off, and ran by a complete idiot.
■■■■ hole of the highest order…imo.

Yeah London was great when I lived there 70’s and 80’s . Made a lot of money on property, saw loads of good bands (Steve Marriot @ Half Moon in Putney was awesome) Work was great driving petrol tankers and trips to the coast most weekends on motorbike were special. Happy Days. Almost as good as retirement. :laughing:

Thank goodness I only pass through now and again. :laughing: