Strangers knocking on your door at night

I’ve only had this twice. First time was years ago and I just shouted “■■■■ off” to whoever it was. Last week was parked in Grimsby and gets up and pulls the curtains back enough to see out and there’s a bloke in his 40’s with drugged up eyes who asks me if I’ve just texted him. I said “why the ■■■■ would I text you I don’t know who you are” and he’s apologising for England. Just weird.

be worth you getting into the habit of regularly pushing your horn and holding it on , so that the first thing that comes to mind is to push it. if the person is genuinely in need they wont be put off by it. iv been thinking of buying one of these ford car jacks to carry as a makeshift replica gun i bleve it could be a good deterrant

Got a knock in Donny the other night and offered a £5 not the full works option from some lady. I politely declined, but £5 isn’t bad value…

toonsy:
Got a knock in Donny the other night and offered a £5 not the full works option from some lady. I politely declined, but £5 isn’t bad value…

Good old donny, never fails [emoji23]
After a works night out a couple of months ago I was staggering off to meet my ride home when I got offered a BJ for some loose change [emoji23]

nomiS36:

toonsy:

Good old donny, never fails [emoji23]
After a works night out a couple of months ago I was staggering off to meet my ride home when I got offered a BJ for some loose change [emoji23]

You should charge more than that pal. It wont even cover the cost of the mouthwash to get rid of the taste afterwards! :sunglasses:

Had this bloke…

Once, knocking on my door like a loony for near on 30 minutes.

I had to let him out in the end.

yourhavingalarf:
Had this bloke…

Once, knocking on my door like a loony for near on 30 minutes.

I had to let him out in the end.

:smiley:

Whatever happened to Dipper?

I parked in donny,the night,the beast from the east…came in.
It’s the biggest wonder they don’t get hypothermia.

corij:
be worth you getting into the habit of regularly pushing your horn and holding it on , so that the first thing that comes to mind is to push it. if the person is genuinely in need they wont be put off by it. iv been thinking of buying one of these ford car jacks to carry as a makeshift replica gun i bleve it could be a good deterrant

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
that might work ok until you come across someone with a replica bazooka?..check and checkmate… :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:

corij:
1be worth you getting into the habit of regularly pushing your horn and holding it on , so that the first thing that comes to mind is to push it. if the person is genuinely in need they wont be put off by it. iv been thinking of buying one of these ford car jacks to carry as a makeshift replica gun i bleve it could be a good deterrant

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
that might work ok until you come across someone with a replica bazooka?..check and checkmate… :slight_smile:

Don`t try this at home.
Or in your cab, or at your training camp.
youtube.com/watch?v=ESOhN-SaH-s

toonsy:

Can anyone share a similar experience on the M40 with details of precise location? (asking for a friend who’s asking for his friend :blush: )

The old truck stop at Wolverhampton was the worst, drivers would pick them up along the way and head there.
The owners had a name and shame board in the shop which displayed a picture of vehicles and registrations of those known to have brought in a ‘lady of the night’.

Lymm now has a couple of scary munters the EE drivers don’t mind spending their running money on.

Can anyone confirm if “a good night is guaranteed” at The Stockyard? Heard rumours that some locals are obliging?

Reading. London Road. Thought the nearside door was locked it wasn’t. £5 for a blow was declined but then she refused to leave the cab. Lots of yelling from me to get her to leave.

Grumpy Dad:
The old truck stop at Wolverhampton was the worst, drivers would pick them up along the way and head there.
The owners had a name and shame board in the shop which displayed a picture of vehicles and registrations of those known to have brought in a ‘lady of the night’.

Lymm now has a couple of scary munters the EE drivers don’t mind spending their running money on.

when I was on the tankers I was offered some relief at wolvo whilst dropping a full load of diesel. :unamused: :smiley:

I was parked someware last summer on an estate.
Tv on late on watching england in the world cup. 3 lads walked past banged on widow they saw my tv on. I opened window a little they asked how England were doing I told.em.they then walked off shouting England England they were a bit typsy.

But never had ladies of the night knock on my cab :cry:

toonsy:

Where abouts in Donny just out of interest?

A month or so ago on a layby just off J36 of the M62 at Goole, at around midnight, had this bloke banging away at my cab (screaming “HELLO!!” at the top of his voice) and said that he needed to be inside my cab. He soon legged it when I said that I’ve rang the rozzers!

Always happened in my day…knocks on the door regularly…loads of hitchhikers too willing to oblige…not forgetting the evening Grab a Granny nights…my mate told me they were great, and always guaranteed to share a bed…while her ol man was away…ha ha …sleeper cabs hadnt been invented back then. :smiley:

truckyboy:
Always happened in my day…knocks on the door regularly…loads of hitchhikers too willing to oblige…not forgetting the evening Grab a Granny nights…my mate told me they were great, and always guaranteed to share a bed…while her ol man was away…ha ha …sleeper cabs hadnt been invented back then. :smiley:

Aye the ‘‘Grab a Granny’’ nights :smiley: …as an old hand used to say when I first started ,about these real old birds
‘‘The ■■■ aint too good, but you’re guaranteed a ■■■■ good breakfast’’ :laughing: