Tom Tom go professional 6200

Tom Tom go professional 6200
Looking at buying one but getting mixed reviews online
Anyone use one and is it reliable?
Thanks in advance
Steve

Use it on the daily basis as I range from a 3.65m and 4.5m truck and I save both in the app and I just click on the on Im in and it keeps me away from roads that are too small and bridges that are too low I cant fault it at all.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Cheers mate I’ve been using a cheap thing from China for 5 years, it’s done its job but time to retire it now. You know it’s old when it says " at the end of the cobbles feed the horse"
Will give the Tom Tom a go if it goes t*ts up I can blame you :smiley:

Just remember to bang in metres instead of feet or vice versa [emoji23][emoji23] cant be getting blamed for someone putting in 12metres instead of 12foot and wondering why its taking you the scenic route everywhere [emoji39][emoji2357][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Haha, good point tho. So use feet or metres one or the other yes?

usersteve:
Haha, good point tho. So use feet or metres one or the other yes?

In the settings you can set the device to run in metres or feet and inches.

I bought the 6250 recently (I paid the extra to get lifetime traffic), it’s been ok, once or twice it has given me a less than perfect route, (Google Maps still gets used daily!) but what really bugs me is that unlike the previous Tom Tom truck sat nav I used it (i) doesn’t ask if you want to ignore 7.5T limits near your destination (ii) doesn’t allow you to save “my location”, you have to zoom in on a map, (iii) saving visited locations seems far less straightforward than it should be (iv) doesn’t allow you to organize custom POIs into separate folders, and (v) doesn’t allow you to plan routes between stored locations
It’s good but could have been better if they didn’t abandon excellent features from earlier models.

Not that great tbh, I’ve had it for like 8 months now. Need to restart it every week at least once or it will get VERY slow. Default UK map lacks many streets leading or being part of industrial/trading estates, some other minor inaccuracies as well like missing or non-existing roundabouts, route finding is weird so if going somewhere for the fist time always look at the alternative routes too, some roads it will recognize as “private” aka no entry or no HGV where in reality they’re not. It will tell you to take the 4th exit on a micro-roundabout sometimes if you’re going the wrong way…so much for length consideration. No issues with bridges so far, I wish it would also tell you the J number you need to take but it doesn’t until you’re almost there. Live traffic is very useful and accurate 99% of the time. Overall 7.5/10

Also agree with the gentleman above, adding custom locations and routes could be simpler. Editing saved locations is dumb, too

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I dont think there will ever be a 100% perfect nav especially the places us drivers are expected to find, with new places popping up/changing names daily. Or we get the front door address not the delivery point :unamused: that’s why a quick -save current location is helpful. 1 thing I learnt from my cheap nav was to use it with Google maps (street view is great), truckers atlas and a bit of common sense all mixed together seems to have done the job so far. If it can keep up and be reliable il be happy.
Just ordered one so will run it in and let anyone interested know how it goes

I’ve got one, being using it for 8 months now, and it works.
Don’t depend on it entirely though. Double check your route on Google Maps and double check for low bridges. But, for live traffic info, it can’t be beat.
I’ve found it takes all the stress out of any journey. It tells you when you’re going to arrive, and it’s usually accurate to the minute.

I bought a 6250 when it was first came out and it sucked. No hands-free dialling (essential for me), routing and mapping were mediocre, user interface was slow which is a common problem on their truck sat-navs. I sent it back after one day’s use.

Review here: Review: TomTom Go Professional 6250 – Indigo Jo Blogs.

Had one for a day, not sure how much weight my opinion carries. It did everything I needed it to do. But then again so does copilot, but it’s very rare that I use that, I tend to use google maps. There is only 2 roads in Leicester I can’t get down because of 7ft width limits. I found it takes you on unnecessarily long trips.