Tom tom pro 7100 truck edition

Hi
U must have used it by now. What do you think of it. Good or bad?

I had a lift off a driver last week who had one in his bag on the bunk, and he was using his old one , he said they where aload of rubbish. :smiley:

Is rather expensive unit, I have a TomTom 520 which has all the software to nearly emulate the tom tom pro 7100

truck edition , all FOC from Websites , it works really well as a truck Satnav , not 100% perfect but I would say

99% . If you dont feel confident in using the freely available FOC hacked maps etc , its not really that hard, give it

a miss as it is possible to turn your TomTom into a rather expensive paperweight :blush: I managed it ok after

reading through websites that do this sort of thing and there are a couple of guys on here that also do it , Getz

being a good chap for that sort of advice. :wink:

I’ve researched this a lot recently and have bought the 7100 (the 7150 has a bigger screen, other than that it’s the same). Previously I used a basic Tom Tom classic which I spent most of my time ignoring as it routes for a car.

As Sufflok Reefer Boy says, the Tom Tom 7100 it is pricey (I paid £350 for mine new) and you can get upgrades for the truck mapping on other Tom Tom devices. I’ve been using the 7100 for the past couple of months and at first I was quite wary of how good the mapping is but I have to say that it works very well. I’ve tested it on all sorts of routes where I know there are height restrictions and it has proved to be very good.

That said, I wouldn’t solely rely on sat nav but it does give you one less thing to worry about.

i have the tom tom go truck 7000,cant fault it just update often,and have no probs :smiley:

tashman:
i have the tom tom go truck 7000,cant fault it just update often,and have no probs :smiley:

+1

Company supplied mine… with a tracker attached :slight_smile:
I find it good as I do update mine regular but some of the other drivers moan about it.
Use it you would any other sat nav and use the features, theres more involved than you think.
Mine kept sending me round the M25 rather than through the Dartford tunnel but using advanced changes means I got it re-set. New roads appear very quick andI don’t have to pay for it.
Yes I probably would buy one if I had to :smiley:

has any 1 got 1 of these or heard out gud/bad about them iam just in the process of buying one,cheers