TomTom Go professional 6200

Used the TomTom all of last week so I thought I would share my thoughts on it so far having used it tramping. My first impression of it is that it is a good size and appears well made. As far as it goes for such a short period of use so far I cannot say I like or dislike it as I can say all positive things about CoPilot truck. It has good and bad features on it, here is what I do like about it, it is easy to use straight out of the box after the maps are updated through WiFi. The screen is clear and nice to view as per size and colours go. The pairing with my mobile phone is a good feature too. That’s all of the good so far, the annoying bits are quite significant to me. It is slow to the point that I could fall asleep waiting for it to turn on and off. It is slow to find routes and re routing is a pain too. It doesn’t seem to be as accurate on roundabouts and junctions can easily be missed. For my first week of use I have not been totally impressed by it and at this point could not say it is better or even as good as CoPilot truck. I will keep an open mind as I will give it another month of use to really test it out. So far all I can say is that it is as good as I expected it to be and as far as a stand alone sat nav goes, it is ok.

They offered me a free one to leave a positive review on Amazon, I respectfully declined. I’ve used their satnavs in the past but I personally think there’s no need. If I need to find somewhere I just use Google maps and double check the route with a physical map.

ItsJoe:
They offered me a free one to leave a positive review on Amazon, I respectfully declined. I’ve used their satnavs in the past but I personally think there’s no need. If I need to find somewhere I just use Google maps and double check the route with a physical map.

Lots do use Google maps as I do myself to view entrances to sites that I have never visited before. I think TomTom is based at the car driver rather than a truck driver where you need faster processing power.

Uktramp, what phone are you using copilot on? I found android slow and sticky, but iPhone it is faultless. You seem to have a good opinion of it too, I wondered what platform you are using?

jbaz73:
Uktramp, what phone are you using copilot on? I found android slow and sticky, but iPhone it is faultless. You seem to have a good opinion of it too, I wondered what platform you are using?

I use an iphone but mainly use it on my ipad, works perfect on those. I have not tried on android or windows tbh.

I can’t speak for windows, but android is glitchy by comparison. I only use my android phone as backup.

jbaz73:
I can’t speak for windows, but android is glitchy by comparison. I only use my android phone as backup.

I am planning on doing some youtube videos of both the TomTom and CoPilot side by side comparison. I am convinced that once people have seen CoPilot truck that they wouldn’t even consider purchasing the TomTom unit. As I have said I am going to use it a while longer before slating it off too much. Then I will sell it off or give it away.

Make sure you post a link, I would be interested in seeing it. I am a copilot convert, for 8.99 per month I don’t think anyone can go wrong with copilot and it has all and more of the features of a standalone sat nav. It’s not steered me wrong once since I started using it, I find google maps pretty handy too for walking you to the door of those awkward places.

When I post them I will pop a link to them as I was going to do some advanced tutorials on the features of CoPilot that I know a few drivers was struggling with at my firm. I bought mine outright for £129 and use it across all of my apple products. A couple of lads at work I know do the £8.99 per month deal.

I myself would be interested in seeing some tutorials, there’s not really too much out there at the minute so when word gets round the vids should do well. We should form the copilot appreciation society, lol

jbaz73:
I myself would be interested in seeing some tutorials, there’s not really too much out there at the minute so when word gets round the vids should do well. We should form the copilot appreciation society, lol

I know a fair few who use it and now wouldn’t use anything else. I think it is well appreciated already.

Forgot to mention the traffic info on it, works well as CoPilot so neck and neck in that dept.