Route change

Has anyone experienced a offer where say you do 15 multi drops a day, to 2 a day, and become the shunter Im currently doing between 13 and 15 pickups a day and was offered this (2 pickups 28 pallets in 2 runs and back to the yard) it seems too good to be true. None of the other drivers have been offered it in the past so I have no one to base my decision off.

I know its a long shot but Im hoping someone may have been offered something simular as in a massive reduction in pickups and be asked to shunt lorries.

Brian

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The offer I had,was start at 10am do 6 half drops,do other half tomorrow.back to yard sweep yard and go home

itl improve your reversing skills somewhat.
its a no brainer unless the boredom aspect appears.
if its shunting with a unit,then your back will be broke lifting and dropping trailers all day.plus itl be ■■■■■■■ of rail all day mostly.
tell them you will try it for a month if it helps them out,so long as you have the no penalty option to go back to normal if it dont suit you.

Either way it’s all smoke and mirrors to dress up what is zb local multi drop work and/or working in the yard to make up time.

As opposed to distance bulk work involving mostly driving and one or two drops/collections in a shift.

brianchalkyshaw:
Has anyone experienced a offer where say you do 15 multi drops a day, to 2 a day, and become the shunter Im currently doing between 13 and 15 pickups a day and was offered this (2 pickups 28 pallets in 2 runs and back to the yard) it seems too good to be true. None of the other drivers have been offered it in the past so I have no one to base my decision off.

I know its a long shot but Im hoping someone may have been offered something simular as in a massive reduction in pickups and be asked to shunt lorries.

Brian

Ask your self, why have they offered me this job, instead of the guys who’ve been here longer than me■■?

Carryfast:
Either way it’s all smoke and mirrors to dress up what is zb local multi drop work and/or working in the yard to make up time.

As opposed to distance bulk work involving mostly driving and one or two drops/collections in a shift.

Thats what I thought, its making up hours that dont need to be made up. Like everyobes happy or somewhat happy with the routes they are on and this curve ball gets thrown in and my route will be given to someone who hasnt done it ever.

biggriffin:

brianchalkyshaw:

Brian

Ask your self, why have they offered me this job, instead of the guys who’ve been here longer than me■■?

I have and have asked the guys who are here longer and they said dont jump at this two footed it sounds too good to be true. Our Artic work is out sourced and we think they may be bringing it in house so they want a permanent (pallet driver) who when the time comes may have an artic licence.

malcolmgbell:
The offer I had,was start at 10am do 6 half drops,do other half tomorrow.back to yard sweep yard and go home

Was it a slow day compared to say a 15 or 19 pickup like my usual day would be truck stays in one spot and i try to get as many from one location as i can then move. But this will be drive from the yard to another yard pickup pallets and drive back.