Actros MP3 Gear Re-learning

Anyone know how to force an Actros MP3 to do a major gear relearn, without a 3-week visit to a workshop? The one i drive has started forgetting how to block change in high range, and it just keeps getting itself into a mess, particularly when climbing hills or trying to get up to speed on a motorway slip :unamused:

Have done the ‘minor’ relearn, which hasn’t solved the prob. I dread Merc’s waiting room of doom!

Chris1207:
Anyone know how to force an Actros MP3 to do a major gear relearn, without a 3-week visit to a workshop? The one i drive has started forgetting how to block change in high range, and it just keeps getting itself into a mess, particularly when climbing hills or trying to get up to speed on a motorway slip :unamused:

Have done the ‘minor’ relearn, which hasn’t solved the prob. I dread Merc’s waiting room of doom!

Have it out and stick a road ranger in it. :slight_smile:

Foot flat to the mat
Whilst foot hard down insert key and switch onto illuminate the lights on pre check count slowly to 10 or 20 turn off and wait 2 mins.
If that didn’t work repeat bit after the last step remove the key

Been a while since I drove an MP3, but I seem to remember the full reset was to turn the ignition on and press and hold both buttons on the end of the gear selector. The high/low split arrows on the dash would flash and you would hear the gearbox making noises. I’m sure when you heard a beep, you let go of the buttons and fire the engine up then wait till the message on the dash says the reset was complete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn’t it be nice to have a manual again?
Mercedes have never got an auto box to work properly and should either give up and go back to a manual box or swallow some pride and get the i-shift.
Only in my opinion. :wink:

streaky:
Wouldn’t it be nice to have a manual again?
Mercedes have never got an auto box to work properly and should either give up and go back to a manual box or swallow some pride and get the i-shift.
Only in my opinion. :wink:

Agreed, their powerliner thing was awful too.
They had stiff competition from Arsetronic (Trax a minor improvement) but IMHO they win by several lengths the competition for the most hopeless frustrating automated manual box ever fitted to any lorry.

damoq:
Been a while since I drove an MP3, but I seem to remember the full reset was to turn the ignition on and press and hold both buttons on the end of the gear selector. The high/low split arrows on the dash would flash and you would hear the gearbox making noises. I’m sure when you heard a beep, you let go of the buttons and fire the engine up then wait till the message on the dash says the reset was complete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That rings a bell actually, thanks, will give it a bash and hopefully it doesn’t explode :laughing: Then again, hopefully it will! :wink: