Merc actros fault codes help!

Hi chaps, I’ve broke down lost my gears, taco flashing up “sensor fault 22” any ideas?
Thanks John

Disconnect the batteries wait 10 mins reconnect might work

Reset the gearbox.

Ignition off
Hold both buttons in on gearshift
Turn key to standby
Dash will flash gear up/gear down
When it flashes N start the engine… Do not release the buttons
When large N shows release left button then right
Then drive off :wink:

Thanks lads, I’ve reset gearbox, now my speedo stopped working and it’s tellin me my top speed has been reduced, just waitin for fitter now… It’s gona be a long day! :laughing:

Put keys in outside lock, turn, phone taxi home :slight_smile:

Cheggy:
Put keys in outside lock, turn, phone taxi home :slight_smile:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Welcome to the world of Mercedes Benz,dont forget to tell your man to bring his DAS machine to rest the box and once its done DONT turn off the igniton till you get home or it will lose the bloody programme again and fault 22 will pop up again.

Weird thing is they do it (both Actros and Axor) whenever it snows.
Merc have done a “modification” for the gearbox but its about as much good as a chocolate bloody T pot.

Had 6 go down in an hour last time it snowed had to go out with DAS and reset but as soon as ignition is turned off it forgets what gearbox it has fitted.

German bloody crap.

i think the speedo not working on a friday night would be of little concern to me, as long as the wheels go round :wink:

Bking:
Welcome to the world of Mercedes Benz,dont forget to tell your man to bring his DAS machine to rest the box and once its done DONT turn off the igniton till you get home or it will lose the bloody programme again and fault 22 will pop up again.

Weird thing is they do it (both Actros and Axor) whenever it snows.
Merc have done a “modification” for the gearbox but its about as much good as a chocolate bloody T pot.

Had 6 go down in an hour last time it snowed had to go out with DAS and reset but as soon as ignition is turned off it forgets what gearbox it has fitted.

German bloody crap.

Mine seems to do this whenever it drops below freezing point. Never plays up on warmer days German junk :smiley:

We lost the clutch on 2 sister trucks in 2 weeks, bloody things just judder, stop, say “clutch failure, visit workshop” and stay there, no gears no sod all - how do you visit a workshop if the truck won’t move.

A bit of warning wouldn’t go a miss.

And our new shape Actros is only 4 - 5mths old and has had an engine management fault for a month of that and isn’t using any ad-blue (suits me :grimacing: )

Shame, I like the Actros as a truck (old more than new tbh) but they’re complete ■■■■■ :imp:

Like above i like the Actros but the gearbox is very poor. We have Daf,Scania and Volvo aswell and nothing come’s close to the unreliability of a Merc. For that reason we won’t have any more. They are overengineered to the point where lifespan on part’s is factored into the build. Sisu use the MP2/3 now and there’s an option of a fuller box.Now that could be a winner allright.

sisuauto.com/node/176

Fault 22 is a sender or wiring to the sender fault

norb:
Fault 22 is a sender or wiring to the sender fault

What norb says^^^^

Thereal-john:
Thanks lads, I’ve reset gearbox, now my speedo stopped working and it’s tellin me my top speed has been reduced:

Hence the reduced speed message as we can’t have you speeding without a working tachograph :grimacing: it should still do 52 mph though with no speed signal :wink:

You see that big magnet on the gearbox… Take it off and try again… lol

JUST KIDDING of course :smiley:

Same happened to me on Scania R440, 3 months old and the Sender Unit dropped off :open_mouth:

Limp to workshop and recalibrate.

You may struggle if it needs re calibrating, might be difficult to find somewhere on a sunday if it does not work straight off

What norb said or remove speed sensor check for swarf stuck to end of sensor if there swarf the gearbox bearings are breaking up

mattaid:
What norb said or remove speed sensor check for swarf stuck to end of sensor if there swarf the gearbox bearings are breaking up

now mattaid it isn’t a 6s850 box lol

waynedl:

And our new shape Actros is only 4 - 5mths old and has had an engine management fault for a month of that and isn’t using any ad-blue (suits me :grimacing: )

Shame, I like the Actros as a truck (old more than new tbh) but they’re complete [zb] :imp:

I thought that was the default setting :laughing:

We had 2 new ones last November - 1 already has an adblue fault as above.

norb:

mattaid:

now mattaid it isn’t a 6s850 box lol

Whatever do you mean lol :wink:

Mine jammed in gear once when I pulled off bay with no air in it and wouldnt come out of gear, Merc man had to come and put it in Neutral with a spanner , so now I build air up to max before pulling off , sometimes throws its toys out of pram if you try and fire it up to quick .
FH i shift was best Auto box we had but due to “personal problems” between our buyer and Vovo we are now running Mercs. :wink:

Got fixed over the weekend, new sensor fitted all seems well for now
(Untill next time!!)
Thanks chaps
John