Rownhams

Had to happen I guess.Always appreciated that delightful patch of pastureland fringing Rownhams services as you approach Southampton on the m27,mist shrouded,deer populated piece of natural paradise,a balm to the eye and soul thats always cheered me,especially when returning from the devils playground of London and other hideous concrete dystopias.
But no longer,a certain company"imagining new communities" has got it’s filthy hands on it and another piece of prime pastureland is now earmarked for housing destruction as another hideous tumour,Southampton,seeks to spread its infection pathway at the behest of money grubbing ■■■■■■■■ to gorge upon.
Going to enjoy tearing them a new one on the phone imminently.

manalishi:
Had to happen I guess.Always appreciated that delightful patch of pastureland fringing Rownhams services as you approach Southampton on the m27,mist shrouded,deer populated piece of natural paradise,a balm to the eye and soul thats always cheered me,especially when returning from the devils playground of London and other hideous concrete dystopias.
But no longer,a certain company"imagining new communities" has got it’s filthy hands on it and another piece of prime pastureland is now earmarked for housing destruction as another hideous tumour,Southampton,seeks to spread its infection pathway at the behest of money grubbing [zb] to gorge upon.

Don’t forget to enquire just how many of any affordable homes have been pre-allocated to Londoners or other big cities. Think that’s untrue? I think you’ll be disagreeably surprised.

cav551:

manalishi:
But no longer,a certain company"imagining new communities" has got it’s filthy hands on it and another piece of prime pastureland is now earmarked for housing destruction as another hideous tumour,Southampton,seeks to spread its infection pathway at the behest of money grubbing [zb] to gorge upon.

Don’t forget to enquire just how many of any affordable homes have been pre-allocated to Londoners or other big cities. Think that’s untrue? I think you’ll be disagreeably surprised.

Nope all too aware of the London element.To be fair this organisations benefitting from the collossal and deliberate damage from the likes of Peter Sutherland,r.I.h and his globalist robber baron ilk ultimately signing the death warrant on our lands.An ex Goldman Sachs protocoller no less.

manalishi:

■■? elaborate

robthedog:

manalishi:

■■? elaborate

I agree, as are all his posts !! :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :wink:

Regards John.

robthedog:

manalishi:

■■? elaborate

Some scum sucking " developers" are laying waste to a prime piece of farmland on the outskirts of Southampton,this displeases me.

Did the…

‘Developers’ steal the land or win it in a rigged card game or blackmailed the owners into giving it up?

The blame is equally shared by the previous land-owners who have sold the land for a handsome profit.

To a point, the developers are supplying the market. Only the Spanish build houses that no one lives in.

yourhavingalarf:
Did the…

‘Developers’ steal the land or win it in a rigged card game or blackmailed the owners into giving it up?

The blame is equally shared by the previous land-owners who have sold the land for a handsome profit.

To a point, the developers are supplying the market. Only the Spanish build houses that no one lives in.

No they played the system. The typical developer will put forward a proposal which he reckons will be approved by the local council. This will be for x number of the type of house on which he makes the most profit, but will include a small number of ‘affordable homes’ . The Council will eventually approve the development but impose conditions, which will contain various payments for local infrastructure.

The developer then embarks on a long campaign, using data which no-one has a right to see, of extremely technical arguments to prove that he cannot make his legally allowable 20% profit unless he is allowed to use cheaper materials, reduces the number of affordable or any social homes to - in some cases zero - and reduces his payment for schools, doctors’ surgeries, open space on the site and for the infrastructure necessary. The arguments are so complicated that the council is forced to concede to his wishes, because it knows that it cannot justify the expense of arguing the case in court, probably mulitple times.

The result is that local people are completely shafted, rather than getting the homes their youngsters can afford , instead they get gated communities of mansions, or other developments of expensive houses aimed at those who wish to commute, often by road, from big cities while living ‘in the country’. The local people find: they cannot get an appointment at their doctor’s surgery, or like my own doctor, even told they will be removed from the list and told to find another because the boundary is being moved to accommodate new developments; and, because it certainly won’t be or, local roads and the nearby town become gridlocked with traffic for much of the day etc.

Google Viability Assessments and check links like these:

theguardian.com/cities/2015 … wainwright

newstatesman.com/2017/07/de … able-homes

Only like manchester. Council have given permission for 60000 affordable apartments houses to be built. .there going up like anything these tower blocks… yet there not affordable.

The BBC moving to Manchester and thus creating media city has turned Manchester into a joke now. It’s like London over priced and trying to much to be like newyork with its sky scrappers.

Local true mancs are being pushed out in favour of overseas investors and there pennys

cav551:

yourhavingalarf:
Did the…

No they played the system. The typical developer will put forward a proposal which he reckons will be approved by the local council. This will be for x number of the type of house on which he makes the most profit, but will include a small number of ‘affordable homes’ . The Council will eventually approve the development but impose conditions, which will contain various payments for local infrastructure.

The developer then embarks on a long campaign, using data which no-one has a right to see, of extremely technical arguments to prove that he cannot make his legally allowable 20% profit unless he is allowed to use cheaper materials, reduces the number of affordable or any social homes to - in some cases zero - and reduces his payment for schools, doctors’ surgeries, open space on the site and for the infrastructure necessary. The arguments are so complicated that the council is forced to concede to his wishes, because it knows that it cannot justify the expense of arguing the case in court, probably mulitple times.

The result is that local people are completely shafted, rather than getting the homes their youngsters can afford , instead they get gated communities of mansions, or other developments of expensive houses aimed at those who wish to commute, often by road, from big cities while living ‘in the country’. The local people find: they cannot get an appointment at their doctor’s surgery, or like my own doctor, even told they will be removed from the list and told to find another because the boundary is being moved to accommodate new developments; and, because it certainly won’t be or, local roads and the nearby town become gridlocked with traffic for much of the day etc.

I don’t doubt…

For a minute that what you say is true in some cases.

Bottom line, the landowners sell for profit.

Luckily we have a democratic parliament and responsible councils to get things changed if we think they’re wrong.

spot my sarcastic sentence

manalishi:
Some scum sucking " developers" are laying waste to a prime piece of farmland on the outskirts of Southampton,this displeases me.

Nowhere can do the rolling development monster like London has and continues to do to its unfortunate neighbouring counties over the decades/centuries.As for development unfortunately with the loss of our industry and an economy based on property dealing and markets it won’t stop until the place suddenly realises that it can no longer feed itself and an urban hell doesn’t exactly provide quality of life.As for the bs arguments we need the housing the fact is the largest amounts of homelessness are in the areas with the highest amounts of urbanisation.IE a population level,distribution and demand issue not a supply one.To which the government’s answer is more immigration and let’s build more houses.Creating yet more urban zb holes and with it more unsustainable local population growth and an exodus of those who’d happily lived there before the developers moved in.

yourhavingalarf:
Bottom line, the landowners sell for profit.

Luckily we have a democratic parliament and responsible councils to get things changed if we think they’re wrong.

Absolutely.We have the NPPF imposed by locally unelected MP’s and people like Vince Cable using his London mandate to call for the wiping out of Surrey’s Green Belt.While locally elected councillors and County Councils have no powers.Which conveniently all seems to be very different in the case of the GLA and its councillors calling for the never ending expansion of their urban crap hole.

cav551:

yourhavingalarf:
Did the…

Nice one,much illuminating stuff there,Gladman Developments,is the Cheshire based law firm these plundering ■■■■■■■■■■ utilise when encountering ‘local difficulties’ and they have an almost 100% success rate,in cahoots with the government sanctioned,‘presumption to build’ policy,of eliminating these local protests for folk who have the gall to voice dissent against the uglification of their envoironment.

I made contact with Gladman some time ago.They didn’t appreciate my opinions. :wink: