Split breaks

Hello
I have a problem about driving hours and split breaks.
Let me tell you.
19 min other act
2h 27 min drive
38 min break
2 min drive
37 min break
1h 41 min drive
30 min break
1h 28 min drive
12 min break
2h 15 min drive
Can it be an infringement?

Ciprian1975:
Hello
Let me tell you.
19 min other act
2h 27 min drive
38 min break
2 min drive
37 min break
1h 41 min drive
30 min break
1h 28 min drive
12 min break
2h 15 min drive

Yes.

From the bold bits you’ve done more than 5 hours driving without having 45 minutes break. When you split it, it has to be 15 minutes and then 30 minutes.

Yes because after your 37 minute break you have driven for 5 hours and 24 minutes. You could of missed out the 37 minute break and just had the 30 minute one and you would of been fine.

Yes it is an infringement.

From your 37 minute break you’ve driven for 5 hours 24 minutes without a legal combination of breaks.

The 12 minutes does nothing bar stop the working time clock as breaks have to be a minimum of 15 minutes to count & driving time resets have to have 30 minutes minimum as the 2nd part.

The infringement has come about because after your break of 37 minutes the head will have reset your driving time to 4hrs 30 and your driving after that break adds up to more than 4hrs 30, a proper look at the card will show that you did not drive for more than 4hrs 30 without a break and so didn’t break the law

Thank you. I thought i could take more then one break.
I can’t find where it says that it must be only 2 breaks. Then reset. I could have as many breaks i want as long i dont exceed 4h 30 min drive.

Does the first of the split breaks have to be exactly 15 mins?
If I take say 20 or 30 mins then have another 30 mins before 4.5hrs, will that show as ok?

idrive:
Does the first of the split breaks have to be exactly 15 mins?
If I take say 20 or 30 mins then have another 30 mins before 4.5hrs, will that show as ok?

Yes will be fine.

Cheers

Not sure why your having odd times on a break.

1st part is fine.

Takes 1st break 38 then another 2 mins later of 37.
Not sure why but anyway.
1st break would count as 15 2nd as 30 this resting driving time.

2nd part is wrong.
If having split breaks 1st part should be 15 mins.
Allowing you to extend your working time upto 9 hours.
2nd then should be 30 to reset your driving

edd1974:
Not sure why your having odd times on a break.

Tipping on break is my bet.

No, 30 min until garage i received a phone to go back. I tried to end 4,5 driving with a 30 min break.
The idea was , why is resetting after second break. Where does it says that you could have only 2 breaks. Where in law says that you could have only 2 breaks. It s says you can split the break , with the conditions . What If i wanted to have another break ,until my 4,5 h .
What if i drove for 10 min than 45 min break. should it resetting?
That was my question?
Whay it is resetting?

Ciprian1975:
Hello
Let me tell you.
19 min other act
2h 27 min drive
38 min break
2 min drive
37 min break RESETS AT THIS POINT BECAUSE 15+30 (38+37) TAKEN
1h 41 min drive
30 min break COUNTS AS 15 MIN BREAK
1h 28 min drive
12 min break NOT COUNTED AS DRIVING TIME BREAK
2h 15 min drive

1.41 + 1.28 + 2.15 = OVER 4.5 WITHOUT A 45 OR 15+30 BREAK

I know the rules. I know it is easier not to argue . But none of you answer my question. Why you reset after the second break and not the 3rd break? Where in the law says you could split only in 2? It says you can split 15÷30 , but is informal. Could be 44+44. It doesn’t obligate you to take fix breaks.

Ciprian1975:
I know the rules. I know it is easier not to argue . But none of you answer my question. Why you reset after the second break and not the 3rd break? Where in the law says you could split only in 2? It says you can split 15÷30 , but is informal. Could be 44+44. It doesn’t obligate you to take fix breaks.

No, but doing 15 minutes or more (but less than 45) and then 30 minutes or more will reset your driving time. That’s how it works, deal with it.

If you want to sit on break but not reset your driving time, wait 29 minutes then put it to other work for a minute and then back on break.

The rules are 15 minimum followed by 30 minimum to reset the driving time .
You can exceed them by as much as you like and as many times as you like it’s still 15 +30 minimum or 45 minimum .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Ciprian1975:

You are referring to COMMON SENSE rules but these were made into law by the EU

If you wanted it to reset after your 3rd break. You really need plan your breaks.

Take 15 mins to extend your working time to 9 hours. Then when almost upto 4 half hours take 30 mins.
One of our drivers he told me once
Eveeytime he does a drop he just whacks it on break his words not mine. Then he wonders why towards end of the day he needs to stop again to get back. As he hasn’t stoped long enough to reset his driving.

Plan your breaks makes life so much easier all round.
Instead of just driving working then o it’s break time then parking outside somone house or where ever you happen to be.

Me personally if it’s stop start all day I’ll take 15 mins . Then 30 mi s when it’s needed.
If long distance just drive 4 hours then i have 30 mins to see where nearest cafe services are and stop

Ciprian1975:

I would suggest your first sentance is not supported by either the rest of the quoted post or your original. If you wanted the 3rd break to reset your driving time your 2nd break needed to be less than 30 minutes.

So if you do know & understand the rules why did you not plan your breaks better?

This is where it says in the regs that you can’t have more than 2 breaks.

As soon as you have a 45 or a qualified split break which is 15 - 44 followed by a 30+, then you wipe the slate clean and start a fresh 4.5