Will this be an infringement

Took a 30 min break before 6 hours worked
Took another 15 min break later
Took a further 15 min break when drive time was close to running out

I should’ve just took 45 or 30 and 30? :open_mouth:

Yes it will be if you went over 4.5hrs driving for the day.

If your hourly paid take 30+30 :wink:

Sometimes there is no rhyme or reason that you can be fined for taking too for a break. I remember when you could have 3x15 or a 20 & 25 for a 45m break.

I remember the old rule when you could have eight hours at night, 8+4 was ideal, the Germans hated 4+8 [emoji23]

peirre:
If your hourly paid take 30+30 :wink:

[emoji106][emoji106]

gooddriver:

Asking if you had the right breaks without telling us when you had them is like asking how long is a piece of string, it’s not possible to answer :confused:

If you did over 4.5 hours driving with those breaks you’re certainly going to get an infringement, split driving breaks have to be 15 minutes then 30 minutes and in that order.

gooddriver:

Yes, if were getting near to your 4.5 driving time or a 15 first then a 30 would have been good.

You have to have 45 minutes break at or before you reach 4.5hrs driving. That break can be split into two parts but the second part must be no less than 30 minutes. If you didn’t drive more than 4.5hrs that day you have no infringement. If you drove more than 4.5hrs that day you’re classed as driving without a break because the second and third break before your 4.5hrs driving were only 15 minutes even though you took a total of an hour off that day.

Drivers Hours rules 1.01. You have a license, you should know this. May I suggest the next DCPC module you do is EU Drivers Hours?

I believe so… So the first 30 minute break you took is for WTD rules. This would count as a 30 minute WTD break.

But its a bit complicated as the 30 minute break would also be calculated as your 15 minute driving time break too.

If you look on your tachograph unit it would only register as a 15 minute break even though you had 30.

You then needed to have had a 30 minute break before 4.5 hours of driving so you have an infringement for exceeding your driving time.

So basically…

WTD = you Must have a 15 minute break before exceeding 6 hours at work. If working between 6-9 hours you need to have a 30 minute break.

Driving rules = you must not exceed 4.5 hours driving without having a break of 45 minutes… This can be taken as one whole 45 minute break of 1 fifteen minute and one half an hour break.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Also what I do is just have two 30 minute breaks as it’s much simpler.

So I have a 30 minute break before 6 hours at work. This is then WTD sorted and you are good for another 6 hours.

Then when you are close to your 4.5 hours driving time take anther half an hour break . This then resets your driving time and WTD respectively… So you are good for anther 6 hours at work and 4.5 hours driving.

Make sense?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4yorks:
Also what I do is just have two 30 minute breaks as it’s much simpler.

So I have a 30 minute break before 6 hours at work. This is then WTD sorted and you are good for another 6 hours.

15 mins is all you need unless you think you’ll finish the day with less than 4.5 hours driving and less than 9 hours work, in which case the 30 is all you need for the day.