Too close for comfort, or perfectly ok?

The words Norfolk and bridge heights can only mean one place, North Walsham.
[/quote]
It’s that Famous :open_mouth:
spent many year working for a Haulage company based there, I think the local hauliers used the bridges (mostly the 13’9" one) as a quick way of converting curtainsiders to flatbeds so they could carry more empty spud boxes. :laughing:

Just looked at Google streetview and that bridge is now marked up as 13’3", that’s either a lot of new tarmac or trying stop almost all high traffic going under it, which really must please the people on the alternative routes.
[/quote]
I did five years casual driving with Jack Richards so made a few visits to North Walsham. The diversion route is atrocious as well.
[/quote]
Working from just outside North Walsham we had to use the diversion route for almost all trips that went through Norwich as the Norwich road bridge was 13’ at the time, its now marked as 12’9".
In fact the whole route until you got the other side of Norwich was a bit of a chore and if you were running trailers between the Crane Fruehauf factories at North Walsham and Dereham you could be doing that trip several times a day or night as I did for a bit. :frowning:
[/quote]
I would load at Plasticum and then head for Derby, this entailed driving through Grantham, another town over endowed with low bridges