Electrical help Scania R440

It would appear that my reversing alarm and reversing lights are staying on albeit the lights are on very very faint to the point you can’t really see them. This happens in all geaes. Also when I put my hazards on the trailer lights are flashing in the opposite way so when cab hazards are on trailer lights are blinking off and vice versa

Any ideas? Tried the suzies just in case but any pointers would be very much appreciated.

Not sure if it has one or where it is but if there is an battery isolation switch try turning that off leaving it for 30 seconds then putting it back on,that’s was always our first port of call on our Volvos with any electrical issue.

The reversing lights thing sounds like a classic case of dodgy earth.

Harry Monk:

+1. Fault might be in the socket if you’ve changed the suzi.

When you say “Tried the suzies” was that swapping them end for end or swapping with known good ones?
As already said sounds like a “mucky connection” somewhere. No water sloshing around inside a cracked light lens?
But first question should be “does it happen to just the unit with all suzies disconnected”?
That’ll tell you which end to start looking.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

No it only happens when a trailer is involved.

I swapped it for a new suzie, tried a different trailer, looked at the connections, blew them (oooo errr) still nothing so it’s in the workshop while they look for a short somewhere

Harry Monk:

^^^
This
Either a bad earth or a live shorting out, most likely in the rear lights junction box…