DVSA clampdown on adblue cheats

ukhaulier.co.uk/news/road-t … -vehicles/

Why would you even bother? how much is Adblue at the pump? about fifty pence per litre or something of that order
It beggars the question of what other penny pinching wheezes are these people up to? We saw where this mindset ends up in Bath with the tipper fatalities that destroyed so many lives.
Once again the rules are there for every operator big or small

bigdave789:
Why would you even bother? how much is Adblue at the pump? about fifty pence per litre or something of that order
It beggars the question of what other penny pinching wheezes are these people up to? We saw where this mindset ends up in Bath with the tipper fatalities that destroyed so many lives.

It’s not the pump price that is the problem, it’s the unreliability of it and the cost to fix them. £2500 for a new pump or £50 to get it turned off. Plus it’s just a load of EU bollox anyway. Vosa didn’t bother about it in the past but now it’s just another money spinner for them

bigdave789:

^^^^^ This
And doesn’t AdBlue actually lower the amount of diesel you use ? So in fact win-win

pierrot 14:

bigdave789:

^^^^^ This
And doesn’t AdBlue actually lower the amount of diesel you use ? So in fact win-win

Does it?

TiredAndEmotional:

pierrot 14:

bigdave789:

^^^^^ This

Does it?

Apparently going by Air1

AdBlue reduces diesel fuel consumption of SCR equipped vehicles by up to 5%. This can more than compensate for the cost of AdBlue. Therefore you can expect lower running costs for your SCR vehicles then for your non SCR vehicles.

TiredAndEmotional:

pierrot 14:

bigdave789:

^^^^^ This

Does it?

Why would it?

Night-and-day:

bigdave789:

It’s not the pump price that is the problem, it’s the unreliability of it and the cost to fix them. £2500 for a new pump or £50 to get it turned off. Plus it’s just a load of EU bollox anyway. Vosa didn’t bother about it in the past but now it’s just another money spinner for them

I don’t know that much about the whole Adblue system or how it works exactly and I’m not disputing that it can and has caused various problems for vehicle operators that have proved very expensive and time consuming to repair, not least the halfwit drivers who fill the diesel fuel tank with Adblue and subsequently destroy the engine
The fact remains that the system is mandatory and all operators have to comply

I thought add blue got squirted in the exhaust ?

Punchy Dan:

No you put it in a tank ! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Punchy Dan:

It does so quite how it saves fuel is beyond me. But that link posted states it can help achieve 5% better fuel economy.

Adblue is injected into the exhaust to catalyse the nox emissions of the exhaust and lower them to produce less harmful emissions.

pierrot 14:

Punchy Dan:

No you put it in a tank ! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Boom boom. Are you here all week?

pierrot 14:

Punchy Dan:

That’s what I thought, it looks more like a lamda probe then an injector though.

I’ve been dodging add blue for ages ,still am doing :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Punchy Dan:
I’ve been dodging add blue for ages ,still am doing :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

and digi cards. :wink:

mrginge:

Punchy Dan:

Yep not even got one ,I could be 'out of scope ’ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

bigdave789:
Why would you even bother?

Based on another article about it, excuse was they were having problems with the adblue system giving errors on their Euro 5 trucks and couldnt fix it on several trucks.

Of course how no one else noticed they werent using any adblue on many of the trucks I dont know including the second transport manager. Naturally no drivers ever mentioned it to management.

Now the company is being run by the son and daughter so this wont have any real effect, despite him and wifey having shares in it, but might get a few more VOSA stops i suspect.

newsandstar.co.uk/news/Banne … 72282ca-ds

Punchy Dan:

mrginge:

Punchy Dan:

Yep not even got one ,I could be 'out of scope ’ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Zis informazion haz bin noted and wil be forwarded to ze relevant kontorollers , yu hav bin varned !!!

Ok officer Crabtree :wink:

Punchy Dan:
Ok officer Crabtree :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: