15 minute checks

Hurryup&wait:

robroy:

tango boy:
Lol

Must admit I had to hold myself back from saying something :laughing: ,… but the fun police have told us we aint allowed to ridicule the ridiculous anymore on here. :cry: :bulb:

Hi Rob, I think it is a fair question as it is one I sometimes have to answer to the office about when I only show 2 or 3 minutes for a check but never had a problem with the authorities on that score.

So where does this fictitious 15 minutes come from??

I tramp all week with same fridge, boxvan or Euroliner. The first time I pick the trailer it will take 10 to 20 minutes to hitch up and ensure all is acceptable.

Like others said I too keep an eye on it most times I leave the cab, down one side and back the other.

A La Franglais this includes throwing the back of my hand on or close to the tyres and hubs on a stop to see that they are all the same, no hot one or cold one as I was shown by wise men back in the day when things went wrong a lot more often.

Thus a daily check in the morning after I open the curtains is 2 or 3 minutes to check fluid levels, lights working, no flats, leaks, stuff missing or other interference and that is what goes on the tacho unless I find a problem that needs reporting/fixing.

I will not sit there sipping a latte for 12 more minutes and make a false tacho entry that I was doing other work, namely a daily inspection if in fact I was on a break.

I won’t run bent just to suit a false perception that one must log 15 minutes and I glad to see Adonis and Dieseldog don’t fiddle the record either. :smiley:

I’m surprised to see how many others here are less than honest with their tacho …but their secret is safe with me. :grimacing:

Really?..It’s hardly ‘running bent’ mate doing as long as it takes to check, then spending the other 10 mins drinking your coffee really is it,…m bit of an over statement is that I reckon.
It’s called covering your arse, seen to be doing the right thing and ticking ‘‘their’’ boxes.
Most tacho regs (not all) are ■■■■■■■■…end of, and don’t get me started on wtd :unamused: . I just play along with ‘‘their’’ silly games to keep my licence and the money I have earned,.I virtually never get any infringements so I’m managing to do just that. :bulb:
I certainly don’t get neurotic about it like many on here, worrying about this, that and the ■■■■ other aspects of this over regulated job.
That was my point.
No offence mate, but personally I would not bother my arse about getting 10 mins pay while drinking your coffee or ‘‘making a false tacho entry’’ while appearing to be working.
In a score of 1 to 10 in serious offences it aint even on the scale, but obviously you and me are very different in our approach to the job.