Fitting LED Beacons to Drag

I have LED Beacons at the back on my truck but don’t have any on my Drag so want to fit some so that when I turn my trucks Beacons in the ones on the Drag would work aswell, how can I go about doing this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Connect the corresponding wires on the truck leds to the new ones on the drag. You need to end the wires in some sort of plug so you can disconnect them when the drag is removed. Most led strobes have 3 or 4 wires. Live, earth, sync and pattern.
Connect live to live, earth to earth and the other two depends on if you want two or more lights synced or not and if you want to be able to change the flash pattern.

If you want more info it might be worth popping over to the owner driver forum as I dare say there’s a fair few in there who do a lot of bits and bobs with stuff like this. Notbaaying tounwont get an answer here, just that you may get more ideas in total if you post there too.

They get wired in parallel with you originals, as said you need like an ABS connector and lead to plug into the drag, flying lead with a plug on the unit side and a socket fixed onto the drag with the wiring loom from the socket going to your lights. Just ensure you wire the pin connectors the same on the plug and socket. To avoid any confusion as to what the lead and plug is to anyone, I would use like a towbar plug and socket available from Halfords and the such.

Seeing as you’re having problems with how to use a tachograph, I’d suggest you ask your boss to get theses beacons sorted out.

You only need to take a one wire feed from one led on the lorry to a spare pin in the auxiliary suzi then from the same aux pin / wire at the rear of trailer to fitted LEDs then earth as normal in junction box to earth return ,simple :laughing:

Same as Dan spare wire in the S suzie or fog like suzuie to most
From memory
White is earth, blue is fog light, yellow is reverse and black is abs/ebs back up power supply, but do check first!
So that should mean you have brown, red and green to play with.

the nodding donkey:
Seeing as you’re having problems with how to use a tachograph, I’d suggest you ask your boss to get theses beacons sorted out.

I’m not the only one at my company having problems with the tachograph as my boss and all the other drivers didn’t even know you had to make sure it’s on rest before finishing at night as all the other trucks will do it automatically.

I can wire the Beacons no problem but wasn’t sure how I could get them to come on the trailer at the same time as the truck without having a connector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s a bit of a PITA but some of our new stepframes have the strobes wired in to the side lights, with a waterproof switch inbetween. Works well.

It’s often a switch like this we find on them.

There also used for the internal lights on fridges etc.

rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre … 2778727431

I use those for the reverse bleeper .