Beacons on trailer

How can you put beacons on a trailer that are controlled by the switch for those fitted to the truck?

I’ve seen other trucks that have this arrangement, is there capacity through the existing wiring on the suzies? Or is there a wireless or IR link?

I requested that the trailer was supplied with this arrangement and despite it being something they were going to investigate they managed to not supply it that way.

diy.com/departments/b-q-10a … 984_BQ.prd

on our dennison trls we have one half on the trl either side so when side lights are on they are powered all u have to do is have the other half on the beacon cable so it works.i also have marker boards with the connections on to so if doign wide loads i can mark them up right.as orange beacons is mainly for slow moving vehicles.

It’s not for constant running use or I would put a socket on the light cluster and use a mag mount for marking a projection.

If I am stopped on the road loading, or wish to reverse up a side turning I like to light up the beacons as a warning that something might be happening and use the indicator to signal which that I am going to reverse to the left / right etc.

Thinking about it, I’ve never had the option when driving our lowloader so I suppose it doesn’t really matter, it’s just that’s the way I’ve always done it with a rigid with led beacons fitted to the rear. The trailer blocks them out so I was wondering if there is an easy way.

I did mine ,just put a feed from the led supply in the junction box at the rear of lorry into a free pin in the aux suzie and pick up at the trailer end then go from there .

Thanks Dan, That sounds like it should be fairly easily achievable.

Just for reversing a quick fix would be taking the live from your trailer reverse lights

Night-and-day:
Just for reversing a quick fix would be taking the live from your trailer reverse lights

IIRC - you will have to put an isolator between the flashing beacons live and reversing lights live, as you can only have steady white reversing lamps (up to 4) anything else is an MOT failure, Regs may have changed as its 10 years ago since I came across this problem

hardyd44:

Night-and-day:

IIRC - you will have to put an isolator between the flashing beacons live and reversing lights live, as you can only have steady white reversing lamps (up to 4) anything else is an MOT failure, Regs may have changed as its 10 years ago since I came across this problem

Yes this is worth looking into as the mot regs on reverse lights are not all the same ,even vehicle length is a factor .