Actros Wipers

Any other Actros drivers suffered/suffering from the same issues? Press the button to wash the screen, wiper moves up about 12” from horizontal but then stops and no amount of twiddling or pressing gets it moving again until ‘they’ decide otherwise! Happened on mine twice this week and once on one of the others…is it down the chilly snap, as it seems to happpen when the temp is 3 or below…bleeding heap of junk!

The ones at my work do exactly the same every now n again…doesnt matter what temp it is either.

When I drove one it done the same. It’s cause there’s not enough lubrication on the screen and the friction between the rubber on the glass stops the arms moving.

Not sure about lack of lube…I was 5mins out of Chepstow last night and it started raining lightly…still no wipers…on bay for well over an hour, started up and they started working! Could it be there’s to much happening on that stalk (wash/wipe/intermittent, flash/main beam, indicators) and the electric side of things play up, same as on the old 2 series Scania where constant flashing left many driving around with the main beam on, even when headlights were off??

Happens on ours at work, I just flick them up to the highest setting and press the button again and it sorts it, pain in the backside though :unamused:

What does ACTROS stand for again?
:wink:

happened to me last night,no shortage of water on the screen…still not working when i finished…defect note and let them sort it.