Made a complete Fcuk up today

Here is why you should check your pins. A complete school boy error…

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Don’t you mean “my mate made a complete ■■■■ up today”.

Hope you’ve got a tin hat on lad.

Captain Caveman 76:
Don’t you mean “my mate made a complete [zb] up today”.

Ha yeah. Dont think that will help though.

Fair play posting that on here :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

you’re not the first and certainly won’t be the last to do that. :smiley:

Well i agree…but i am man enough to admit my mistakes no matter how funny they are i know drivers who wont admit any of their mistakes. It wasnt at the time may i add. How do all newbies including myself learn… by others pointing and laughing usually.lol

Oconn87:
Well i agree…but i am man enough to admit my mistakes no matter how funny they are i know drivers who wont admit any of their mistakes. It wasnt at the time may i add. How do all newbies including myself learn… by others pointing and laughing usually.lol

You wont be the last, we’ve all made mistakes no matter how experienced. Good on you for admitting it, many others wouldnt… :wink:

I must admit I’m paranoid , I get under with torch and check its locked , I get in can and think did I wind up legs , did I put fifth wheel clip on ,same dropping it , about to pull away and out I jump , did I put legs down , disconnect Suzis , I’ve now got a thing about the barn doors , I feel the need to check them 2 times before I leave yard , and 50 miles up the road tonight I convinced myself I’d not put the number plate on so stopped , but I had , I’ve got to believe it’s age
Anyway o/p dozy took a running jump at a speed hump , so it’s not just you today

Oconn87:

Captain Caveman 76:
Don’t you mean “my mate made a complete [zb] up today”.

Ha yeah. Dont think that will help though.

You’re new here, you’ll learn. :laughing:

One of our veteran drivers ( a guy who’s been driving forty odd years and likes to remind me he’s driven more miles backward than I have forward) dropped one a while back. He openly admitted he was complacent, something anyone can become. Fair play for posting on here.

Surprised you made it that far.

I can certainly say this will not be happening again. Plus i do like to lighten up other peoples day.

Out of interest what did the company say?

Also echo what others say. Fair play in opening yourself up for the banter but you won’t be the first or last this happens to. Chins up

ThrustMaster:
Surprised you made it that far.

As was i but i put it down (literally) to good foot control haha

Stupid mistake? Absolutely. You only become an idiot if you repeat it. Nobody died this time, so pick yourself up and take it as a lesson in what can go wrong if you take your eye off the ball and move on with your life.

toonsy:

A very stern telling off and various other bits. I still have a job i think as i have a run to desford tomorrow.

I did the same at Tesco’s in 2011, someone came over to ask me something got distracted forgot to put the landing legs down :blush:
No damage (empty trailer) but banned for life from Tesco’s (harsh) :open_mouth:

Never been shopping in Tesco’s since then, that will teach them to mess with me :imp:

Oconn87:

toonsy:

A very stern telling off and various other bits. I still have a job i think as i have a run to desford tomorrow.

Ah that’s fair enough then. Lessons learnt and all that :laughing:

Old boy at my previous employer done it with a blood tanker. Got half way across the yard he turned left and the tanker continued straight on. Put a hole in it when it hit the floor and made an almighty mess. But with 25 years service without incident he kept his job.

Is now the time to suggest giving it a couple of tugs?

The trailer I mean :blush:

I have been triple checking everything today. Didnt half soil myself when i heard the almighty crash though. But the office didnt hear a thing… couldnt get it back up as the arm for the legs was jammed behind. So big billy wrecker had to turn up and lift it for me.

toonsy:
Is now the time to suggest giving it a couple of tugs?

The trailer I mean :blush:

I walked away from the trailer when i pulled my pin. I was supposed to be swapping trailers but in my moment of stupidity walked over to the office to double check what was going on. Walked back and complely forgot i pulled the pin and went to move somewhere to get tipped.