Made a complete Fcuk up today

Bad luck mate, can happen to any one of us, glad you still have a job.

For the last 5 minutes i’ve been wondering how the curtain of the trailer beside seems to have become detached, or split so its partly covering the headboard of the er dropper :smiling_imp:
Now i finally realise you’ve scribbled over the company name/logo, talk about slow i’m losing it :blush:

Anyway chin up, could have been worse could have been me :laughing:
And yes i have done it, right in front of my then boss who had just swanned in the yard in his car with his lovely, and still is, wife :blush: , luckily empty tipper trailer but the noise, sheesh, every bugger comes out to see what the racket was, then cos i was on the ■■■■ and every time went to pick the trailer back up the bloody thing got nearer to the wall had to get the fork lift out to hold the trailer so i could pick it up.
What a bloody palarva, my face could have melted sodding glaciers, but to be fair he never mentioned it after the event, but don’t worry every bugger else did :smiley:

toonsy:

Oconn87:

toonsy:
Out of interest what did the company say?

A very stern telling off and various other bits. I still have a job i think as i have a run to desford tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ah that’s fair enough then. Lessons learnt and all that :laughing:

Can’t remember the company, but one of their employees made a big mistake that cost them millions, when asked why they didn’t fire him the boss said “He’s learned his lesson, which has just cost us millions, we’re not going to let him go so some other company gets that experience for free” :laughing:

I very nearly did the same thing a few weeks ago when I got distracted split coupling by wondering why all the trailer doors were open!

Fair play for posting that picture though!

As a matter of interest what coupling method was used ?.Was it the go under low and lift one ?.

Carryfast:
As a matter of interest what coupling method was used ?.Was it the go under low and lift one ?.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Captain Caveman 76:

Carryfast:

Hey don’t mock it’s been a while.
Last time he coupled a trailer up it was tieing a bit of rope from a horse to a small wagon.
The good old days

Fun fact that is Carryfast in the pic.

adam277:

Captain Caveman 76:

Carryfast:

Hey don’t mock it’s been a while.
Last time he coupled a trailer up it was tieing a bit of rope from a horse to a small wagon.
The good old days

Fun fact that is Carryfast in the pic.

Is he the one with the shiny reigns?

At least nobody was hurt. I’m with dozy here, the best bit of advice an old guy gave me was after your tug test and putting your clip in get under with a torch to be 100% satisfied the bar is in lock position. Some may say overkill but it takes 10 seconds in all and doesn’t hurt anyone unless you crack your skull on the underside of the trailer.

H4L:
At least nobody was hurt. I’m with dozy here, the best bit of advice an old guy gave me was after your tug test and putting your clip in get under with a torch to be 100% satisfied the bar is in lock position. Some may say overkill but it takes 10 seconds in all and doesn’t hurt anyone unless you crack your skull on the underside of the trailer.

Well today is a new start and i will say i ended up triple checking. Tug pull look. It will not be happening again.

I will say thanks for the support though haha as i thought i was going to be absolutley slated for it.

Carryfast:

Do you mean the proper way to couple a trailer?

A.

Adonis.:

Carryfast:

A.

Yup. But i never got told to check the locking arm.

Oconn87:

Adonis.:

Carryfast:

A.

Yup. But i never got told to check the locking arm.

Here’s a clue it probably all went wrong before that point. :wink: It depends on your definition of ‘proper’ RDC bs or the ‘right’ way and it’s doubtful that’s how you’d have been shown how to do it at the instruction stage with good reason as you’ve found out. :unamused:

youtube.com/watch?v=1GhULtaJNVY 10.30 - 11.30

Oconn87:

H4L:

Well today is a new start and i will say i ended up triple checking. Tug pull look. It will not be happening again.

I will say thanks for the support though haha as i thought i was going to be absolutley slated for it.

Not at all mate, sheeeit happens as they say and anybody that gives you it tight for a mistake and tells you they are the dugs baws of their trade and do everything right all of the time are the kind of mugs that will come unstuck one time and never let you know about it.

Your mistake is in the past, the future is what you make it.

as people have said sh*t happens and you learn from it :wink:

but sadly when it happens in this game it can lead to dismissal…do that in Tesco or Sainsburys and you would be banned for life :frowning:

oh its such a pain being a human :laughing:

Carryfast:

If you actually read the all the OP’s posts, you’ll see he wasn’t coupling the trailer but was in the process of uncoupling, but got distracted and forgot he’d puled the pin, jumped in and started to drive off.

muckles:

Carryfast:

If you actually read the all the OP’s posts, you’ll see he wasn’t coupling the trailer but was in the process of uncoupling, but got distracted and forgot he’d puled the pin, jumped in and started to drive off.

You’re wasting your time Muckles, the High Priest of Wikipedia is about to hold forth on how we (the people who actually do the job) are doing it all wrong. Watch…

I’ve had a few ■■■■ ups myself, none as bad as this though (yet).
Fair play for owning up, pull the pin last when dropping and all will be fine in future. Rushing / distractions are our worst enemy, well apart from cyclists and nosey buggers shouting “you can’t masterbate here drive” when I’m just putting me snorkel on.

the maoster:

muckles:

Carryfast:

You’re wasting your time Muckles, the High Priest of Wikipedia is about to hold forth on how we (the people who actually do the job) are doing it all wrong. Watch…

Don’t let facts get in the way of the old [zb]ers soap boxing, he’s referring back to a discussion/argument/[zb]show we had with him a few months back regarding coupling procedures viewtopic.php?f=2&t=145566

I’m just amazed the fuddled old git actually remembered past soiling his incontinence pad this morning, but then again he’s probably wrote it down as one of his top ten clueless outdated procedures to crone on about.

Time for your afternoon nap/drooling session in front of a Fred Astaire B&W isn’t it CF?

Reef:
Don’t let facts get in the way of the old [zb]ers soap boxing, he’s referring back to a discussion/argument/[zb]show we had with him a few months back regarding coupling procedures viewtopic.php?f=2&t=145566

I’m just amazed the fuddled old git actually remembered past soiling his incontinence pad this morning, but then again he’s probably wrote it down as one of his top ten clueless outdated procedures to crone on about.

Time for your afternoon nap/drooling session in front of a Fred Astaire B&W isn’t it CF?

Blimey someone knows they’ve pulled the pin and then drives the unit away from it before removing the lines and winding down the legs and it’s my fault and it’s me who’s supposedly senile.

When to be fair anyone could be excused for confusing the fact that it fell to its knees with the lines still attached when the unit was uncoupled and driven away from it,with fell off the back as it was being driven off because of a miscouple caused by the go under low and lift method. :laughing:

Lesson learnt for you, you will dwell on it for some time but carry on and don’t let it drag you down. We are all human and make mistakes.