bad habits

UKtramp:
Nothing to do with being condescending when it is obvious from this post that some drivers, even fully experienced ones have either ignored or forgotten the simple procedure of BLACK. Therefore it is understandable that this has been implemented. A simple error in this procedure could cost a company thousands of pounds, a small tag placed on the release handle could prevent this from happening from one of these drivers. The amount of trailers that I have picked up with no trailer brake having ever been applied by other drivers is many. What possible time saving shortcut is achieved by simply not applying a trailer brake? Is following BLACK somehow below some drivers. Do they think that they know better?

Then I am going to push to have my patented ‘head swivel confirmation attachment’ to be made a compulsory fitment to all cars and trucks. It is fitted to the driver’s head and attached to the clutch, and stops a vehicle pulling away without checking right and left. I’m also going to push to have large, soft rubber bumpers fitted all round all road vehicles, to avoid damage or injury caused by a coming together. And a re-introduction of a man with a red flag, to walk in front of all motor cars to warn bystanders…