What a week to be suspended from work

When the HiViz became a thing I was clipping up my curtains after tipping and reloading with empties in Whitbreads at Gloucester, I wasn’t wearing my HiViz, being somewhat rebellious, I could hear someone shouting and hollering and then whistling, I carried on doing my thing, even though the shouting was clearly aimed at me.

Red faced and quite angry, the bloke appeared in my face and still shouting commented on my lack of HiViz, to which I replied “If you could see that I wasn’t wearing one from all the way over there, then I obviously don’t need one” now I thought that was quite funny, but red faced man did not and I was told that I was banned from there as a result.

As usual in that situation, I asked for that to be put in writing so that I never had to come back to the ■■■ hole ever again, told you I was a rebel. This escalated the situation to the point that red faced man was almost incoherent, he was shouting so much he couldn’t get his words out properly, I told him to calm down, which doesn’t actually work, ever! And he went off on one again, all the while this was taking place I was doing up my straps and tucking them in all nice and professionally, taking no notice of him at all.

When I phoned in later that day (no cell phones in those days) to give my empty count and find out the next day’s mission I was told I was banned from there and that was all that was said about it.

After that episode I added a new response to that kind of thing, usually due to some breach of health and safety protocol, where I remarked that the shouty man was probably bullied by his obese wife and that’s why he needed to go off alarming at work as a way of proving his masculinity, just like telling someone to calm down, this never diffused the situation, but I used to enjoy myself.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk