Dodgy Card or VDU

Last week the display on the vdu in the scania i drive was showing that my digicard expires 10 July, this week it has decided that the card has now expired and says that the card is now invalid, so tuesday and wednesday i left the card out and did printouts for the 2 days, although on tuesday I did put it back in and tried it again and still insisted that the card is invalid.
Got back yesterday and downloaded the card and it is still working and recording activities, any one else had this?
Was going to try it in the 1 non scania in our fleet to see if it was just the scania vdu being stupid before ringing for a replacement, but not had the chance yet as off now till tomorrow.

mine runs out on the 16 june . last week it ejected in the middle of my shift ( I do nights ) saying card invalid. I spoke to dvla you have to download and fill out form d777b and post it with your card to dvla. if they agree it is malfunctioning they will send you a new card within 5 working days of receiving yours. if it is damaged they will contact you and ask for £16 to replace your old card or I can wait till the 16 june to go back to work. don’t forget to print out your last 28 days worth of work before you send off your card. good luck.

i dont know if this helps. posted mine sunday. dvla received it Tuesday. they posted it to day. I should receive it on Saturday.

My Scania Stonebridge VDU also showed that my card had expired but with a date after :
DRIVER CARD EXPIRED 8/5
It was like that for weeks, I even got pulled by VOSA/(insert current name) and he said he had not seen that before. The card remained valid until midnight of the 7th, the next day I downloaded the old card and continued with my new one and the expired warning went away.

igloo mike:
mine runs out on the 16 june . last week it ejected in the middle of my shift ( I do nights ) saying card invalid. I spoke to dvla you have to download and fill out form d777b and post it with your card to dvla. if they agree it is malfunctioning they will send you a new card within 5 working days of receiving yours. if it is damaged they will contact you and ask for £16 to replace your old card or I can wait till the 16 june to go back to work. don’t forget to print out your last 28 days worth of work before you send off your card. good luck.

Cheers, so managed to check card in a different unit and the card is the same, spoke to DVLA told them what has happened told me to send card off with the form which I have done, but at no point did they mention about printing off the last 28 days, so that wasn’t done, probably couldn’t any way as the unit wouldn’t let me do anything with it, just have to wait till the new one arrives hopefully before the 15 days is up.

Twoninety88:
My Scania Stonebridge VDU also showed that my card had expired but with a date after :
DRIVER CARD EXPIRED 8/5
It was like that for weeks, I even got pulled by VOSA/(insert current name) and he said he had not seen that before. The card remained valid until midnight of the 7th, the next day I downloaded the old card and continued with my new one and the expired warning went away.

Stuck mine back in on Saturday before posting it to see if it was actually recording, downloaded it when I got back and nothing had been recorded since the previous Saturday, our TM seemed to think it would still be recording even thought it was saying it had expired, so definetly cream crackerd.

weeto:

igloo mike:

Cheers, so managed to check card in a different unit and the card is the same, spoke to DVLA told them what has happened told me to send card off with the form which I have done, but at no point did they mention about printing off the last 28 days, so that wasn’t done, probably couldn’t any way as the unit wouldn’t let me do anything with it, just have to wait till the new one arrives hopefully before the 15 days is up.

the tacho will have stored your daily work and assuming your the only driver on the vehicle it would be simple enough to get printouts of the last 28 days

scotstrucker:

weeto:

igloo mike:

the tacho will have stored your daily work and assuming your the only driver on the vehicle it would be simple enough to get printouts of the last 28 days

I’ve just tried that but it won’t go back any further than the 23rd of this month, sensible thing is for dvla to send back the old card with the replacement so I have that info.
Only part that the form mentions 28 days is when you start using a new card and says to keep the old one for it for 28 days and then bin it, doesn’t mention anything about printing the last 28 days if your card had been lost/stolen or damaged/malfunctions.

weeto:

scotstrucker:

weeto:

igloo mike:

I’ve just tried that but it won’t go back any further than the 23rd of this month, sensible thing is for dvla to send back the old card with the replacement so I have that info.
Only part that the form mentions 28 days is when you start using a new card and says to keep the old one for it for 28 days and then bin it, doesn’t mention anything about printing the last 28 days if your card had been lost/stolen or damaged/malfunctions.

aslong as it downloads when your boss downloads the head then i wouldnt worry much about it, if stopped by the fuzz then just explain to them then they will just down load the tacho too look i would expect

Rang dvla Wednesday and yesterday to be told they haven’t received my dodgy card yet, and told that my 15 days is up Tuesday, after a conversation with them they have extended it until next Sunday since I couldn’t check the card in another unit till the Saturday.
Would of probably been quicker/better to tell them the card is lost if the time scale risks losing days at work.

Same here. My card was meant to expire 11 July but stopped working on 18 May. Sent off to be replaced

Talking to our driver trainer on Friday and he told me that in our depot alone there have been 4 card failures this month. Failures as described above in as much as they’re failing to function days and days before their expiry date. We’ve also had 3 tacho head failures in that same period.

We had an epidemic of faulty digicards about five years ago IIRC. I’ve still got both, the faulty one they returned and the new one - unused, since every vehicle I’ve driven since has an analogue tacho.