Dodgy digi card

Hi,got letter through today,my digi card issued between march 07 and aug 08,so dvla offering replacement,just wondering if anyone off here got one,is the expiry date for the replacement card the same as your original?mine’s up in july so wondering if i get replacement will it save me paying to re-new,yeah tight I know :grimacing:

Any card you don’t pay for same expire date as the one you send back.

I got home after being away all week to find one waiting for me. Nothing wrong with the card I’m using so gonna leave as is.

I heard this the other day apparently digi cards issued betwee 07/09 did not have the leap year incorparated into them so they will work in older trucks but not from 2012 onwards. It sure if this is correct or not. It maybey thats why some people are being issued with new cards .

This might be of some help… viewtopic.php?f=7&t=83159&hilit=+code+48

yes they will come up with an error code so take it if you use them it doesnt cost but the date for renewal is exactly the same as the original date!

lynchy:
Hi,got letter through today,my digi card issued between march 07 and aug 08,so dvla offering replacement,just wondering if anyone off here got one,is the expiry date for the replacement card the same as your original?mine’s up in july so wondering if i get replacement will it save me paying to re-new,yeah tight I know :grimacing:

I’ve been moving some time ago and when changing the address I hoped that they will give me new card with new reneval date… Nope.

But they give me one with my address spelled incorrectly.

So i exchanged it, hoping again, that this time they will extend my date…

Nope.

But they spelled my name incorrectly.

So I wrote to them that they could be nice and as a compensation for all that problems they could give me the one with new reneval date… Nope.

When I finally got my new card with everything spelled all right, it was valid for less than three weeks and I had to pay to have it exchanged…

Bloody ■■■■■■■■ :smiley: