Route Advice

Off the A37 > A362 through midsomer norton > A362 through Frome > A3098 to Chapmanslade.

Is this do-able/ok in an artic?

Can’t see why not. Not done it personally but the Phillips truckers atlas doesn’t show any low bridges or weight restrictions on the route you’ve stated.

Tris:
Off the A37 > A362 through midsomer norton > A362 through Frome > A3098 to Chapmanslade.

How high are you? You may have to go through Frome, if you’re over height to fit under bridge on A3098 to cut to Beckington.
Where are you heading?

Editjust noticed what your planning… :astonished: don’t bother. Go round via the A36. Not worth going cross country around here.

Isn’t the A362 shut ?

the nodding donkey:

Tris:

How high are you? You may have to go through Frome, if you’re over height to fit under bridge on A3098 to cut to Beckington.
Where are you heading?

Editjust noticed what your planning… :astonished: don’t bother. Go round via the A36. Not worth going cross country around here.

You mean straight through Bath?

Tris:

the nodding donkey:

Tris:

Where are you heading?

Ok, where are you coming from, where are you going, how tall are you and how heavy? :smiley:

the nodding donkey:

Tris:

the nodding donkey:

Tris:

Where are you heading?

Ok, where are you coming from, where are you going, how tall are you and how heavy? :smiley:

From Chew Valley trees (between Winford and Chew Magna) to the garden centre at Chapmanslade, max 14’ 4" (more likely 14’), 44t artic but not much weight on as it’s just plants and trees.

I would go down the A37 to Shepton Mallet, left on A361 to Frome, then right at third roundabout to go to Chapmanslade. I think there may be a weight limit on that last bit, but if you’re delivering you’ll be ok. I would avoid using the road via Midsomer, Radstock, Buckham, through Frome… :open_mouth: . But it is possible if you fancy a leisurely drive down twisty roads and narrow village roads :laughing:

the nodding donkey:
I would go down the A37 to Shepton Mallet, left on A361 to Frome, then right at third roundabout to go to Chapmanslade. I think there may be a weight limit on that last bit, but if you’re delivering you’ll be ok. I would avoid using the road via Midsomer, Radstock, Buckham, through Frome… :open_mouth: . But it is possible if you fancy a leisurely drive down twisty roads and narrow village roads :laughing:

Cheers. Last time I went through Midsomer and Norton St Philip. :laughing:

Tris:

the nodding donkey:

Cheers. Last time I went through Midsomer and Norton St Philip. :laughing:

Oops :grimacing: .

Stay away from Vobster and Mells… :open_mouth: :sunglasses:

When you say right at third roundabout is that down clink rd?

Tris:

Yep, that’s the one. Then right at the end and left.

the nodding donkey:

Tris:

Yep, that’s the one. Then right at the end and left.

Thank you.

Tris:
44t artic but not much weight on as it’s just plants and trees.

What’s the reason for stating 44t?? Why is it that I never hear heavy haulage drivers stating 100t artic but only light at 80t :unamused:

Not just a dig at you Tris but I read it regular and wonder why/what!