FOG LIGHTS ??????????????

WHATS THE POINT DRIVING AT NIGHT WITH YOUR FOG LIGHTS ON BLINDING ALL THE TRAFFIC ITS NOT BIG ITS NOT CLEVER AND IT LOOKS CRAP :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Rears or fronts, The question is somewhat ambigious JD. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

yeah sorry cm just the fronts you even see them when the road is well lite driving with fog lights on and when they are behind you with them on they blind you i would like to catch people with them on the smash them with a hammer a bit harsh i suspect but it really winds me up. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

jessicas dad:
WHATS THE POINT DRIVING AT NIGHT WITH YOUR FOG LIGHTS ON BLINDING ALL THE TRAFFIC ITS NOT BIG ITS NOT CLEVER AND IT LOOKS CRAP :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Wonderfully put. :wink:

I remember about 10 years ago,the company I worked for,had just got a new EC ERF,with front fog lights on,and the night driver got pulled on one of his shifts one time,with them on,and the copper,in no uncertain terms,told him that if he caught him driving with them on again,and there was no fog,he’d do him.

In my opinion,if there ain’t no fog,and this applies to rears as well,DON’T USE THEM!!!

Ken.

I`ve had a situation where a driver who curtiously flashed his lights to let me out of a junction, but in doing so he flashed over 6 massive fog lights on his front light bar, and almost burned out my eyes :open_mouth: momentarily blinding me

I would say the same thing about spots. I accidentially left mine on one day, got a load of verbal from a bloke with spots glalring all over his unit, blinding everyone in sight. I don’t 'cause, as far as I’m aware, it’s illegal unless it’s foggy.

Couldn’t agree more, and with regards the hammer thing I have had exactly the same thoughts :unamused: This really is a pet hate of mine, pure ignorance to other road users.

TIDYCAB:
Couldn’t agree more, and with regards the hammer thing I have had exactly the same thoughts :unamused: This really is a pet hate of mine, pure ignorance to other road users.

Could’nt agree more! Oh what I would not give for Cab mounted missiles :unamused: :wink:

One of our drivers has been fined £40 fixed penalty (no points)
for using his front fogs on his car & he still puts them on on the
wagon as he thinks it looks smart, in all theres about 4 of them in our yard who do this, to them and all others out there as so called PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS what goes through your mind as you turn on the FOG LIGHT switch when theres no FOG,
all the real PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS out there just think
you all look TOTAL [zb], which i bet is just what you think when youre stuck behind Mondeo Man whos forgot to turn his off
WELL WAKE UP YOU TOTAL [zb] YOU`RE NO BETTER THAN HIM

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :sunglasses:

If it needs stars, it’s not allowed. L. :wink:

jessicas dad:
yeah sorry cm just the fronts you even see them when the road is well lite driving with fog lights on and when they are behind you with them on they blind you i would like to catch people with them on the smash them with a hammer a bit harsh i suspect but it really winds me up. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
with you on the hammer JD , but my weapon of choice would be by ali baseball bat brake light light tester (jammed between seat and pedal officer dibble) :exclamation:
I suspect it is because they have crap cars and small willies (please subsitute willies for something else if driver is female) and it makes them feel like real big bad truckies :unamused: :laughing: bet they wear rigger boots too if their on fridge work :laughing: :laughing:

They’re just bling bling chavs cos they think it looks cool innit. Just don get me started on these chavvy [zb]'s

allrighty:
They’re just bling bling chavs cos they think it looks cool innit. Just don get me started on these chavvy [zb]'s

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

When driving a tipper I find it best not to drive round with the body up.
When driving a reefer I see no point in turning the fridge on if not needed.
I try not to leave the radio on when in my car when I’m not in it.
I try not to drive around with my indicators on all the time.
I would never park a truck up for the day & leave the engine running.
And I only use fog lights if it’s foggy.
we all make mistakes but driving with fog lights on all the time is only for the Muppet’s.

if anyone in our yard has them on i go over and act all dim and say “do you know you have fog lights on” then knowing they shouldnt have them they say oh ok then i keep on acting innocently dim il even say… “you must have had the on by accident cos only right [zb] have them on when its not foggy”… that normally takes the smile off their face :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Small one.L. :wink:

Dont people understand that “Looking Cool” in the U.K is now illegal? It really gets to me at times, especialy the drivers who only use sidelights and foglights!

I have used them on nights when its not foggy, I hold my hand up to admit that but I will only use them if im driving on narrow roads/bendy roads and oncomming cars can benifit from seeing me before I see them. Just like fullbeam they will be turned off when someone is aproaching as not to blind them.

danielwilkie:
I have used them on nights when its not foggy, I hold my hand up to admit that but I will only use them if im driving on narrow roads/bendy roads and oncomming cars can benifit from seeing me before I see them. Just like fullbeam they will be turned off when someone is aproaching as not to blind them.

In this day & age you would think motors would be fitted with
decent enough lights :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
There FOG lights and thats what there for FOG

nianiamh:

danielwilkie:

In this day & age you would think motors would be fitted with
decent enough lights :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
There FOG lights and thats what there for FOG

Never said I used them on my car :astonished:

I used to use them on some of the older buses I drove a few years back which had shocking headlights. Very little light got past the mould!

I’m all in favour of the hammer treatment!! :wink: Just a quick question though :question: :blush: is the vote yes for on or yes for off? or no for on or no for off?? Its probably blindingly obvious but having a foggy moment here!! :blush: :confused:

acarlin1:
I’m all in favour of the hammer treatment!! :wink: Just a quick question though :question: :blush: is the vote yes for on or yes for off? or no for on or no for off?? Its probably blindingly obvious but having a foggy moment here!! :blush: :confused:

It’s no for off, can’t you tell by the results :slight_smile: