FOG LIGHTS ??????????????

never thought to look there!! :blush:

nianiamh:

danielwilkie:
There FOG lights and thats what there for FOG

But should you not also use them when in very wet, lots of spray/poor visibility (less than 100m ?

The problem with using them in the wet is the glare from the surrounding reflective surfaces, including the road, in my view it makes them an even bigger hazard in terms of effecting your clear vision because they are so bright.

The idea of using them in less than 100m visibility is not a bad one but for the glare problem, if they were dimmable the same as many dashboard lights are then I would say yes because you could set them at a reasonable level so they do not dazzle but are clearly visible.

Must admit…i did have them on a couple of weeks ago…thought the boss had changed the headlamp bulbs …cos they were a lot brighter…i didnt realise till i got back to the yard…but there was no warning light on to tell me…and no one flashed me…but i`ll make a point of looking in future to see if the switches are down…i must admit i do find it irritating when people leave the rear ones on…and also the truckers who believe that fitting large stop light bulbs…into the smaller bulb holders looks cool too…looks like their stop lamps are on all the time…

danielwilkie:
I have used them on nights when its not foggy, I hold my hand up to admit that

Let’s all get this guy after school’s over!
who’s with me? :laughing: :laughing:

Serious though, if its under the bumper its fog use - over the bumper its along with main beam use.
Thats how I was taught.

allrighty:
They’re just bling bling chavs cos they think it looks cool innit. Just don get me started on these chavvy [zb]'s

you talkin about my boy :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :blush:

Only usually switch my fog lights on once a year and that is for the MOT!

Detest people who think you should use them when it rains.

danielwilkie:

nianiamh:

danielwilkie:
Never said I used them on my car :astonished:

I used to use them on some of the older buses I drove a few years back which had shocking headlights. Very little light got past the mould!

I never said you did use them on your car
You also wouldnt think that a Bus with such poor headlights should be on the road if they are that bad maybe your time would of been better spent upgrading your headlights for the saftey of your passengers rather than fitting the FOG lights so that you can BLING BLING` down narrow lanes.
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: BLING BLING BABY LOOK AT MY BUS :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Iam with you on this IANYNG we`ll wait by the bike shed for him
after school

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :sunglasses:

Fog lights on the front, my nephew got a £30 fixed penalty for that, he wont do that again!
The Highway Code says (sec 201)you may use front or rear fog lights when visibility is seriously reduced,ie- generaly when you cannot see for more than a 100 metres.
Time is long past when a crackdown is due for those who abuse this rule.
I too have been blinded at night by those who have all singing, all dancing lights on the top of cabs and elsewhere, as a lorry driver for over 40 yrs I wonder why cant they do what was done years ago ( and which I still practise today) and switch their lights off and back on again to let others know its safe to pull back in , that way they wont blind anyone.
Alex.

jessicas dad:
WHATS THE POINT DRIVING AT NIGHT WITH YOUR FOG LIGHTS ON BLINDING ALL THE TRAFFIC ITS NOT BIG ITS NOT CLEVER AND IT LOOKS CRAP :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Yes On or Yes Off?

No On or No Off?

Front or Rear?

Do you mean driving lights, fog lights, spot lights or other lights?

:smiley: :open_mouth:

i mean fog lights under the bumper but spotlights i dont like them either especailly those lorrys with 6-7-8 on …pointless.