Stocking fillers

Sorry guys…I know what you was all thinking :open_mouth:
OK…that time of year is just around the corner (Christmas) what are you hoping for this year?

Me…I’m hoping for 12 months subscription to Truck and Driver magazine…and of course the socks and underpants :blush:

Bully

I did’nt know thay made Truck& Driver socks and underpants, Bully.

Me…I’d like something nice in Stockings… :laughing:

taken a trip around toys r us today and tryed to convince the wife that my lad would like a scalextric for xmas.

ok so hes only 19 months old but daddy will look after it for him :blush:

other then that a new pc because the gerbil that runs in the wheel to power this one is near retiring :laughing:

jon

We can’t get Scalextric here and I miss it very much.
I also miss Hornby trains.

Pat Hasler:

Pat, I have good news for you :smiley: …yes we can get Scalextric here!, I have one set up for the racetrucks, Hobbytown USA sells Scalextric, or you can go on e bay, and you don’t need a transformer! :smiley:

If you are seriously interested and don’t have a hobbytown USA near you, let me know and I will hook you up.

An agricultural visa to work 6 months in the USA.
Failing that, my class 1 and a Freightliner partked in the yard to replace my knackered old rover car.

Cliff Warby:

Pat Hasler:

Pat, I have good news for you :smiley: …yes we can get Scalextric here!, I have one set up for the racetrucks, Hobbytown USA sells Scalextric, or you can go on e bay, and you don’t need a transformer! :smiley:

If you are seriously interested and don’t have a hobbytown USA near you, let me know and I will hook you up.

Ta very muchly Cliff, After i have spent a fortune on my kid’s this Christmas I amy have a bit left over to get myself one (too good for the kids) … we’ll have to see.

allikat:
An agricultural visa to work 6 months in the USA.
Failing that, my class 1 and a Freightliner partked in the yard to replace my knackered old rover car.

I can’t understand why everyone seems to want to come over here and work for 6 months. I used to want to drive a truck here but now I’d rather do something else. Pay process is discusting, conditions are usually diabolcal, you have no vaccation pay untill you have worked one full year then you only get one week. drivers here as with so many ocupations have very little in the way of rights, there is no such thing as redundacy, you just get told to leave no matter how long you worked there and most of the trucks are total rubbish.

Re The above post by Pat Hasler.

I have been trying to tell these misguided people the very same thing for the past several years through my articles in Truck & Driver, I guess they must think I am either making it up or that I, and I alone have got a bad deal, thankyou Pat, you have validated my articles, now if we could only get others to tell their stories, maybe people will start to realise that the grass really is’nt any greener over here when it comes to our profession.

:laughing: Back to the christmas thing, I’d like a transfer of a ■■■■ man on the side of the truck (oh yes they only do women :confused: )
A copy of truck and driver with a ■■■■ bloke on the cover or an article full of scantily clad men (oh yes they only use women :confused: )
A funny Shobba T-shirt i.e blame the driver, that dosn’t have a fat middle aged bloke on it (oh yes only blokes would want one :open_mouth: :open_mouth: )
LOL. :unamused:

T & D haven’t been round here yet… :wink:

I would like a Nice Brown Envelope with my C+E driving licence in it, all signed sealed and delivered, on the mat xmas morning… with a brand new Volvo FH16 Globetrotter outside!! :smiling_imp:

And as for the stockin filler, Jo guest would be nice… :wink:

Not particularly bothered really, but I think a CD writer’s on it’s way :smiley: .