Sky tv rip off

Obvious answers ‘‘Have you just found that out/’‘So what’s new’’…there, done it for you. :smiley:

Decided to re.subscribe to Sky Sports, way back in lockdown.
I knocked it on the head last year,.because I work every Saturday,.and if a match I fancied was on a Sunday, it was a good excuse for me and my mate to head down the pub. :smiley:
So when the pubs shut, I re subscribed at 18 quid a month extra. :neutral_face: , but reluctantly paid it out.

Anyhoo…the Toon play Man U (spit :smiley: ) today, the wife stocked up with a case of Guiness, looked to see what time kick off is…only for me to find the ■■■■ s are showing a lot of Premier League games (including this one :imp: ) on Sky Box office at 15 quid a shot . :open_mouth: :smiling_imp:
The robbing bar stewards !!
Can’t get to pub for one reason or another tonight, and my mate is away anyway, but refuse to pay them another penny on principle.
Sick as. :neutral_face:

It’ll be on the radio.
I actually prefer football on the radio.

Up the toon

robroy:
Obvious answers ‘‘Have you just found that out/’‘So what’s new’’…there, done it for you. :smiley:

I knocked it on the head last year,.because I work every Saturday,.and if a match I fancied was on a Sunday, it was a good excuse for me and my mate to head down the pub. :smiley:
So when the pubs shut, I re subscribed at 18 quid a month extra. :neutral_face: , but reluctantly paid it out.

Anyhoo…the Toon play Man U (spit :smiley: ) today, the wife stocked up with a case of Guiness, looked to see what time kick off is…only for me to find the [zb] s are showing a lot of Premier League games (including this one :imp: ) on Sky Box office at 15 quid a shot . :open_mouth: :smiling_imp:
Can’t get to pub for one reason or another tonight, and my mate is away anyway, but refuse to pay them another penny on principle.

Oi!
Arent you the bloke that was telling me how following the footie made you feel good? :wink: If you werent moaning about summat you wouldn`t be happy, would you? :smiley:

Franglais:

robroy:

Anyhoo…the Toon play Man U (spit :smiley: ) today, the wife stocked up with a case of Guiness, looked to see what time kick off is…only for me to find the [zb] s are showing a lot of Premier League games (including this one :imp: ) on Sky Box office at 15 quid a shot . :open_mouth: :smiling_imp:

Oi!
Arent you the bloke that was telling me how following the footie made you feel good? :wink: If you werent moaning about summat you wouldn`t be happy, would you? :smiley:

He who waits eh mate? :smiley:
Planned to avoid it and wait and watch the highlights …then remembered I had NUFC instant score notification on my phone. :unamused: :smiley:

robroy:

Franglais:

robroy:

Oi!

He who waits eh mate? :smiley:
Planned to avoid it and wait and watch the highlights …then remembered I had NUFC instant score notification on my phone. :unamused: :smiley:

Good Grief!
So, youre one of those millenial snowflakes who cant find the "off" switch on their phone? And there was me thinking youre just another grumpy ole ■■■■!

Windbags complaining about paying to watch 22 men kick a bag of wind around for 90 mins [emoji42][emoji42][emoji42]
Now where’s that freshly painted wall I want to watch [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my truck

:laughing: Aye ok Franglais,.I keep it on to keep up with the latest Covid developments. :wink: :laughing:

Incidentally…anybody recommend a good quality football streaming site?
I had Navixsports but it appears to be discontinued.

blue estate:
Windbags complaining about paying to watch 22 men kick a bag of wind around for 90 mins [emoji42][emoji42][emoji42]
Now where’s that freshly painted wall I want to watch [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my truck

Windbag? :open_mouth:
How very dare you !
:smiley:

Remember the days when that would have been on BBC Grandstand live on a Saturday.
I’d turn over to ITV to see the motor sports on World Of Sport. :smiling_imp: :smiley:

Well,.after the result. :open_mouth: … : I’m pleased I didn’t shell out 15 notes to watch that crap :unamused: I’d have been well grieved :laughing:

Looks like my opinions are shared by many more.
Good enough for the greedy robbing ■■■■■■■■■

bbc.com/sport/amp/football/54597058

yep a fantastic gesture by the toon army… hat raised… :sunglasses:

robroy:

I prefer to avoid any enterprise owned by the Murdochs. It is, regarding the news, often propaganda for whatever cause suits their purposes. And enriches them even more.

Matt Awight was on about this on The One Show earlier.
I just hope they get a lot of stick for it and are shamed into …well halving the fee at least.
Even I would pay 7 quid rather than miss the game,.as many more would.
They may even find they gross more than when the charge was 15.

It’s not SKY but it is TV related. It’s PS5 day on the 19th November so Mother in Law has chipped in with us to get the latest box of wizardry.

I already pay for full SKY, BT Sport and Broadband. Now it appears we need a new TV as well, what’s the score with that?

We had discounted SKY earlier in the year but it seems they have gained that and more from football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’ve got to keep a close eye on your bank statements as Sky have a habit of taking more and more each month. I recently had a meltdown phone conversation with them when I found out that they (without prior permission) were charging £x per month for an answerphone on my landline. As I don’t even have a bloody phone plugged into said landline I thought that was a liberty. I also cancelled Sky F1 after Hamiltons antics ruined it for me (you can watch the highlights on Ch4 without any of his posturing).

Purposely try to avoid it (mostly because I was crap at football in school), but isn’t the other problem that Sky have some games and BT sport have others?

Sky are generally a rip off so ditched, plus their broadband is even worse (BT is no better apparently), but god knows what BBC find to pay big lugs to talk about since all the games are split between those two.

Of course there is another solution…

{Whispers} I thought the Toon Army were on the verge of being relegated last time, so if they were presumably they’d be on a cheaper channel? Plus they’d never have to play “Man Utd (spit) [TM]” again. Sorted. :smiling_imp:

Anyway, this is just gods punishment for Rob not supporting the best team in the football league - Carlisle Utd! :open_mouth: :slight_smile: