Boris' "Pig out to Help Foreign Franchises" scheme

So how does this work then?

Mondays, Tuesdays and Wendesdays… - Ok got that.

Just turn up , or do you get some kind of vouchers posted to you?
What’s to stop you turning up at multiple venues and getting the same deal over and over in the same day? (So much for the anti-obesity drive…)

Are there any franchise eateries where “per head” costs the optimum £20 marked now down to £10?

(If it is £12per head say, you only got £6 knocked off rather than a tenner, the way I understand it)

Just used that government “find an outlet” thingy, and there’s not even a bloody harvester restaurant on my local 5 mile radius list…
https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/eat-out-to-help-out/find-a-restaurant/?_ga=2.161373557.915609536.1595837721-1808284145.1584555043

“Have you ever been to a harvester before?”
Would that I could find one matey…

ive got 17 options within 5 miles.
out of which they are all coffee shops or cafe type tearooms that you would never consider going for a meal,1 curryshop thats rancid,1 thats passable though id never go back,and 1 thats the hilton breakfast bar,so once again another goverment option thats about as realistic and handy as ■■■■ on a bull.

I wonder if they refuse to serve you - if you’re not wearing a mask…

Winseer:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
what happens if your one of the type that goes around with your misses wearing a burka…do they wear a mask also,or once again are they exemp from the mum rules??
M usnt U pset M uslims

dieseldog999:

Winseer:

what happens if your one of the type that goes around with your misses wearing a burka…do they wear a mask also,or once again are they exemp from the mum rules??
M usnt U pset M uslims

I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone with the full kit on - actually eating… Male or female…

Don’t Muslims out and about in their go-to-meet clothes - typically be on a fasting excercise?

(shouldn’t be driving public transport, perhaps…?)

Use the Eat Out to Help Out Scheme at a participating establishment:

to get a 50% discount on food or non-alcoholic drinks to eat or drink in (up to a maximum of £10 discount per diner)

every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday between 3 and 31 August

as many times as you like

You do not need a voucher to use this scheme and you can use it at the same time as other offers and discounts. There is no minimum spend.
You cannot claim discount on alcoholic drinks or service charges.
The discount will be automatically available to you at participating establishments. Establishments will then claim a reimbursement from the government for the discount they’ve given you.
Participating establishments may include:

restaurants, cafés, bars or pubs

work and school canteens

food halls

All diners in a group of any size can use the discount.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

A 100 eateries near me including Inflato…a bouncy castle park [emoji23].

Several McDonald’s and KFC… and pubs and restaurants…

Winseer:

dieseldog999:

Winseer:

M usnt U pset M uslims

I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone with the full kit on - actually eating… Male or female…

Don’t Muslims out and about in their go-to-meet clothes - typically be on a fasting excercise?

(shouldn’t be driving public transport, perhaps…?)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
out and about with no mask is out and about with no mask.
looking like a dalek putting out the bin bags surely shouldnt make any difference,unless there is some racial discrimination on display which will completely be swept under the carpet similar to womens equality ( until it suits them)■■

Sounds ok to me.
Missed out on it this week as the Mrs is working today and tomorrow, (my days off)
Come to think of it I could take one of my daughters for their dinner tomorrow,.and score a few ‘Dad points’ :smiley: :sunglasses: .
If not, back to work Wednesday, so re.think next week.

Pity it wasn’t on a Saturday morning as it’s my turn to pay for mine and Beaver’s breakfast. :laughing:

Take your daughter… meanwhile do a trial run on your favourite fast food eatery - just to check it works [emoji6]

Pick one that doesn’t sell booze and has no service charge then…

Erm. That’s about ALL the regular franchised fast food outlets, and none of the actual sit-down restaurants with waiter service init? :unamused:

Who was this all supposed to help out again?

I may have misunderstood …but the tip isn’t included in the discount, same with the booze.
That doesn’t preclude a restaurant where YOU pay for the tip and alcohol…

Winseer:
Pick one that doesn’t sell booze and has no service charge then…

Erm. That’s about ALL the regular franchised fast food outlets, and none of the actual sit-down restaurants with waiter service init? :unamused:

Who was this all supposed to help out again?

You get the 50% discount on your food and non-alcoholic drinks. You’ll not get the discount on booze and service charges. It’s not exactly hard to understand…

^^^^ apparently it is. It’s all a conspiracy to stop him getting what’s rightfully his I reckon.

dieseldog999:
out of which they are all coffee shops or cafe type tearooms that you would never consider going for a meal,1 curryshop thats rancid,1 thats passable though id never go back,and 1 thats the hilton breakfast bar,so once again another goverment option thats about as realistic and handy as ■■■■ on a bull.

It possibly says as much about the area where you live as it does about the scheme (for my postcode it lists 37 results - from coffee shops through fast food outlets and gastro pubs to a Michelin starred restaurant and hotels - and I live in a rural bit of Northamptonshire, rather than a large town or city). Of course, you don’t actually have to put your own postcode in if you don’t mind travelling a bit further afield. Also don’t forget that most of the large chain eateries don’t appear on your local list as the whole chain has just the one registration covering all their outlets - link on the search page.

the maoster:
^^^^ apparently it is. It’s all a conspiracy to stop him getting what’s rightfully his I reckon.

Do you realise this discount only applies to any 4 from 7 restaurants?

Do you actually have to eat IN or does it apply to takeaway? Never mind, I’ll go test it myself.

Just a reminder though, there’s no such thing as ‘free lunch’ :slight_smile:

ETS:
Do you actually have to eat IN or does it apply to takeaway? Never mind, I’ll go test it myself.

Just a reminder though, there’s no such thing as ‘free lunch’ :slight_smile:

Doesn’t apply to takeaway. And yes, we’re all paying for this.

Roymondo:
Doesn’t apply to takeaway.

F* 'em.

Edit: Yeah I got charged 100% at the mcdick drive through. What a fraud. Why would it not apply to takeaway instead of eat-in? Isn’t there a ‘‘pandemic’’ going around with a ‘‘deadly virus’’ so bad we have to wear masks when shopping for food but at the same time are encouraged to go mingle with strangers in restaurants w/o masks? Isn’t it better financially for restaurants when people buy their overpriced food but don’t actually take a table? I mean it’s the same price, right? What a joke. Just give them the free money you’ve promised them

Roymondo:

dieseldog999:

It possibly says as much about the area where you live as it does about the scheme (for my postcode it lists 37 results - from coffee shops through fast food outlets and gastro pubs to a Michelin starred restaurant and hotels - and I live in a rural bit of Northamptonshire, rather than a large town or city). Of course, you don’t actually have to put your own postcode in if you don’t mind travelling a bit further afield. Also don’t forget that most of the large chain eateries don’t appear on your local list as the whole chain has just the one registration covering all their outlets - link on the search page.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
yes,the land that time forgot has a lot to answer for when your a bit out of town. :slight_smile: