Zero hours Hgv driver

It says name of company / permanent so I assume it’s not agency , is it casual, , if not how does this work .ta

dozy:
It says name of company / permanent so I assume it’s not agency , is it casual, , if not how does this work .ta

It’s probably on a zero hours contract, in other words you’re not guaranteed any hours per week and can be laid off without pay any time there’s no work for you to do.

Same way as an agency expect you’ll have no say in the matter, you’re in such and such days, quiet weeks no in at all. You’ll probably no be allowed to work for anyone else just incase. You’ll be on call to come in if one of the fulltimers doesn’t show one morning.

Stay away from it dozy

It works both ways though. If you don’t want to work when they ring you’re not obliged to if you’ve something else on.

mick.mh2racing:
It works both ways though. If you don’t want to work when they ring you’re not obliged to if you’ve something else on.

I wouldn’t bank on that mate, you can sure as hell bet they will want things all their own way. :smiling_imp:
Wouldn’t touch it doze.

I think it’s what haulage companies used to call relief drivers, and in places I worked was quite often a retired driver doing a bit now and then for a bit extra money and to keep up with some of his old workmates.

But maybe Relief Driver seems “so last year” for a company that probably has the word Logistics in its name, “Zero Hours” that’s the buzz word. Hey great Guys we’ve got that in the bag, who’s for a skinnylaperchinomachoito?

muckles:
I think it’s what haulage companies used to call relief drivers, and in places I worked was quite often a retired driver doing a bit now and then for a bit extra money and to keep up with some of his old workmates.

But maybe Relief Driver seems “so last year” for a company that probably has the word Logistics in its name, “Zero Hours” that’s the buzz word. Hey great Guys we’ve got that in the bag, who’s for a skinnylaperchinomachoito?

That’s blue sky thinking mate, run it up the flagpole and see who salutes. :unamused: :smiley:

dozy:

Not sure what your on about if you have the name and it says permanent,where does the casual bit come in.
Who says its zero hour contract ■■?
Go and find out for yourself and ASK

The (Dozy) saga continues …

We have a guy on zero hours at ours, his mortgage is paid off etc, so he’s happy enough with whatever he gets. If its 5 days in a week, thats too much! He seems happy enough, and its great for the gaffer to be able to call on the same trained chap everytime I guess.

I can see the return load falling through and a phone call saying that you’re not needed tomorrow, ring in the day after and we’ll see what we’ve got then.

In which case it would be another phone call from home three days later to say : “your ■■■■■■ lorry is in *** services, cheerio.”

dozy:

Did Fowler Welch relocate suddenly when you rang them up?

Have you thought about wrecker driving? It’s not like anyone would notice the extra damage

lolipop:

dozy:

Not sure what your on about if you have the name and it says permanent,where does the casual bit come in.
Who says its zero hour contract ■■?
Go and find out for yourself and ASK

It’s on indeed ,Newark on Trent
Zero hours Hgv driver
Noble foods ltd Lincoln
£11.91 permanent
To undertake farm collections and depot deliveries across the uk .class 1 and 2 license required and cpc preferable
Please note this is a zero hours contract and days and nights may be avaliable
I thought zero hours was agency / casual

F-reds:
We have a guy on zero hours at ours, his mortgage is paid off etc, so he’s happy enough with whatever he gets. If its 5 days in a week, thats too much! He seems happy enough, and its great for the gaffer to be able to call on the same trained chap everytime I guess.

My mortage is paid off , no debts nothing , but the Mrs I’d high maintenance

James the cat:

dozy:

Did Fowler Welch relocate suddenly when you rang them up?

Have you thought about wrecker driving? It’s not like anyone would notice the extra damage[/quote
Been offered a job night trunking , Newark - wilenhal - Newark ,so mate who rang me says , 37 hrs p.w , paid 50 hrs night trunking , but it just sounds too good to be true with my luck .
As for wreckers I’ve watched loads of episodes of high way to hell so I’ve got the jist of it , so if I get desperate it’s a possibility