[zb] supermarkets

what is the problem with theese bloody rdc’s
in the last 2 days ive worked 2 12 hour shifts and spent a total of 6 hours driving .
the rest of the time ive been sat outside asda at lutterworth or bleedin morrisons at wakefield
dont the people who run these placesrealise how much it costs to stand a wagon for 5 hours at a time :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
makes me fume :imp: :imp: :imp:
and to make it WORSE the tea machine never works ,your not allowed to use the staff toilets and you have to wait in a room smaller than a friggin prisoncell
:imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:
right im off for a lie down now

Ahhhhh, There is a trick to being able to use their toilets, just tell them if they dont let you you will pee over there goods in area. I once had a women say “Bet you wont”, she changed her mind as I took the old man out. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

The other trick is to ask for the HSE representitive ,as you wish to make a formal complaint,you will find that all RCD must have a place where the driver can relax whilist waiting to be unloaded when not allowed to stay in the vehicle,furthermore they must have a toilet area for the drivers/visitors to use,and this must before both sexes, this is a EU ruleing as well,
ALSO after a set period of time the place concerned must ensure that you
have a meal. if they delay is too long,again EU-RULES…

in the last 2 days ive worked 2 12 hour shifts and spent a total of 6 hours driving .
the rest of the time ive been sat outside asda at lutterworth or bleedin morrisons at wakefield

Dont even get me started :imp:

I know exactly how you feel mate, drives me friggin crazy as well. I was at Fenny Lock yesterday (Friday) booked in 10.30…left ■■?..16.30 :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

They dont give a monkeys.

:imp:

Thank god im off for three days :smiley:

Well, I don’t usually do multi-drop but as it was friday and wanting to get home it had to be done…

Left Lymm with loaded trailer for Tesco Magor, ok took a while but much of it wasn’t down to them and we had a laugh…

Next drop Matalan Talbot Green, in and out in 10 minutes…

Last drop the dreaded Sainsbury Emersons Green Bristol, yes I know, but…

Now if there’s any RDC that hold you up it’s this one. Queue to get through security only to join another queue inside, and at late afternoon on a bank hol friday this was no exception. True to form there was around 10 trucks waiting to tip, and as usual only one at a time :unamused:

I had about 1 1/2 hrs left, and 40 mins from home and had resided to the fact I wasn’t going to make it. But i only had 3 pallets…

So, join the end of said queue and off to office… Now i would normally try a blag but as the other drivers had been sat for hours not this time. Imagine my surprise when the bod came out with “You’ve only 3 drive, pull across the front and we’ll get you off”.

I ran back to my truck, apologising to the others that I was jumping the queue and they had me tipped in 10 mins, home in a reasonable time on a friday bank hol… :laughing:

Goes to show they ain’t all bad

mezzzz1211:

You’ve obviously never been to the Tesco RDC at Crick run by Power Logisitics. Knwon as the Bermuda Triangle, lorries have gone in there and never been seen again. Oh you get on the bay quick enough but then you sit there. 6 hours is not uncommon. When I was at Reed Boardall and got sent there, I could do a 13 hour day and only do 5hrs driving. Got so bad they stuck a shunter in Rugby Truckstop and got us to take trailers in there instead.

brit pete:
The other trick is to ask for the HSE representitive ,as you wish to make a formal complaint,you will find that all RCD must have a place where the driver can relax whilist waiting to be unloaded when not allowed to stay in the vehicle,furthermore they must have a toilet area for the drivers/visitors to use,and this must before both sexes, this is a EU ruleing as well,
ALSO after a set period of time the place concerned must ensure that you
have a meal. if they delay is too long,again EU-RULES…

You’ve got it right there Brit Pete.
They MUST give you a hot meal, if they keep you waiting for over 4 hours.
As you are at work and on their premise, you must be working for them, that’s the way I look at it anyway. I have also asked to use the toilet and been refused. On one occasion I was delivering cheese to a place in London. The unloading was done on a slope., with their door at the bottom of the slope. Do I need to go any further :question: :question: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: .
Another time, I was parked up for the night at JCB, on the access road/ parking area. This time it wasn’t a pee I needed. I asked the security bod, telling him I had to go, to no avail, he was adamant that I couldn’t use the toilet. So I dropped my trousers whilst just in front of his office. He let me in then. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Goes to show they ain’t all bad

their getting there :laughing: :laughing: